My client is a publicly traded global company with headquarters in Poway, CA in San Diego County. They are a leader in the semiconductor test and inspection equipment industry. Their customers are global leaders in industries that include automotive, computing, mobility, IoT, communications, high-speed memory, industrial, and solid state lighting.
1. MAIN OBJECTIVES :
- Responsible for Manufacturing Department.
- Define and strategize to achieve department goals.
- Provide strong leadership to the team - coach and train the team.
- Strategize and develop processes, standard rules, objectives and detailed working procedures (IAQ, Quality Assurance Procedures) in accordance with the rules and concepts established by the company.
- Lead the department to improve quality, lead time and manufacturing cost.
2. RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Contribute and ensure success of company’s annual plan.
- Establish and control department KPI.
- Demonstrate good leadership and enable world class manufaturing processes/practices.
- Work with other department managers to implement company's policies and goals.
- Implement and enforce quality control and track programs to meet quality objectives, enabling zero-defect program.
- Ensure resources in meeting portfolios’ requirement with plan to meet on-time delivery.
- Responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment, equipped the team with the right tools (including work aread) to achieve most effective way to accomplish tasks.
- Analyze manufacturing records and quality control records to detect and correct manufacturing problem.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing manufacturing team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements to enhance product quality and reduce product manufacturing lead time.
- Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments including procurement, project, engineering, Indus, HR, finance and etc.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures.
- Ensure implementation of effective 5S, Kanban, Kaizen.
- Set and control the department budgets.
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and organize necessary interventions for improvement including training (skill matrix), welfare, career growth (promotion/ job enrichment), organization/ team behaviour.
- Any other adhoc assignment according to business needs.
3. REQUIREMENT AND QUALIFICATION :
- Possess bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- Require10 years’ experience in management of manufacturing or maintenance of capital equipments.
- Experience in a managerial role and people management with large number of employees of more than 50 headcounts.
- Flexible in nature, willing to adjust to the needs of the company and willing to learn.
- Pro-active personality and curious mind.
- Have the ability to analyse and solve complex problems.
- Possess excellent communication skills and team working ability at all levels.
- IT literate with a good understanding of all MS Office, especially MS Excel.
- Good interpersonal skills and fluency in Matrix organization.
- Some knowledge of Health and Safety regulations.
.Dental / Optical Benefits
.Family Medical Subsidy
.Free snacks & Welfare activities