My client is a publicly traded global company with headquarters in Poway, CA in San Diego County. They are a leader in the semiconductor test and inspection equipment industry. Their customers are global leaders in industries that include automotive, computing, mobility, IoT, communications, high-speed memory, industrial, and solid state lighting.
- Perform detailed studies and plans according to specifications set by the department, in compliance with the required lead-time and internal standards.
- Develop solutions to improve the quality and cost effectiveness of the product.
- Perform technical calculations on concepts and designs to achieve the specifications accurately and minimum development cost.
- Define proper drawing and machining controls and tolerances based on the application of the product.
- To develop concepts and designs according to the specifications within the project timeline.
- To create and manage the technical documents for the release of product.
- To propose improvements and optimizations that will improve quality and cost effective solutions.
- To work with supplier in improving quality delivery and cost of parts.
- To work with customer in solving critical design requirements.
- To ensure proper technical document transfer to Application Engineering team.
- To participate in brainstorming, design review & DFMEA sessions.
- Any task that may be assigned from time to time.
- To respect company’s standard design rules.
- Degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering.
- Minimum of five years experience in an automation/equipment manufacturing as Design Engineer.
- Experienced in 2D and 3D CAD applications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, able to clearly convey information and ideas.
- Experience in mechanical calculations and applied physics.
- Advanced knowledge on different machining process, fabrication materials and treatements selections and standard electro-mechanical parts.
- Understanding of DFMEA, DOE, and risk assessment.
- Ability to adapt on different environments and work based on priorities.
- Willing to travel for about 30% of the time to supplier or customer (local/oversea).
- Basic Microsoft Excel VBA knowledge.
- Strong commitment to learning and continuous improvement.
- Diplomatic, patience and good listening skills.
- Creative, inovative, out of the box problem solving.
- Good statistical and technical writing abilities.
.Dental / Optical Benefits
.Family Medical Subsidy
.Free snacks & Welfare activities