In line with our rapid expansion, we are looking for a driven leader who can manage a broad business responsibility to support our Business Unit in the USA region.
- To support the Business Unit Leader in the daily operation of the Business Unit in the USA region.
- Together with the Business Unit Leader, develop and grow businesses for the USA region. This includes strategies to manage existing customers, finding new contract customers, growing market share and introducing new products.
- In-charge of purchasing wood products from local and/or foreign countries. This includes developing long-term purchasing strategies and geographic sourcing comparisons. Ensuring that our purchase cost is competitive taking currency fluctuations, competition and targets for the Business Unit into consideration.
- In-charge of managing the relationships with freight companies and to ensure that the transport cost is kept competitive, in line with budgets and targets for the Business Unit.
- To achieve yearly targeted sales, gross margin and net profit together with the Business Unit.
Duties and responsibilities:
- On a day-to-day basis manage the entire supply chain for the BU. This include competitive pricing on purchasing and shipping and the compliance with environmental, legal & other international standards. It requires a hands-on approach including involvement in all details like documentation, contracts, etc.
- Update the current market situation in the geographic areas of purchase: price wise and supply wise.
- Manage and deal with overseas business partners.
- Assist in the preparation of the yearly budget based on the guidelines set by the Company.
- Supervise the daily work of the Sales Support team,
- Prepare reports for weekly, monthly and quarterly Business Unit’s meetings.
- Degree Holder or Professional Qualification in Economics, Finance/Accounting, Marketing, Business Administration or related field. Other qualification with prior experience in similar capacity will be considered.
- At least 5 years of working experience in a logistic / purchasing / operation management position, preferably in wood industry.
- Relevant hands-on experience in logistic operations is an advantage.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Able to plan and execute efficiently.
- Self-driven, enthusiastic and passionate for this job.
- Must possess high level of integrity.
- Well organized, detail oriented, analytical and ready to take challenges.
- Can operate with a high degree of independence within agreed policies, targets and budgets.
- Strong negotiation and relationship development skills to liaise with business partners,
- Resourceful, efficient, able to work independently and meet tight deadlines.
- Fluent in spoken and written English is part of the requirement. Proficiency in Mandarin and Bahasa Malaysia would be an added advantage.
- Willing to work extra hours and travel for business trips.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office and knowledge of ERP systems a definite advantage.
- Candidates who desire to work in a business entity that is continuously growing.
- Candidates who are interested in building their careers with us.
Perks & Benefits
- Global exposure
- Cultural activities e.g. birthday, Hari Raya, Chinese New Year celebration
- Energetic & vibrant office culture
- Career advancement
- Employee Lounge
- Educational program sponsorship (subject to approval)
- Training & development investment
- Company laptop, company mobile phone & corporate credit card
- Paternity leave
- Compassionate leave
- Medical and dental entitlement
- Group Personal Accident
- Performance based compensation