We are a local Professional Recruiter with over 14 years of recruitment experience in Malaysia. We are currently looking to hire qualified local Malaysians to fill several senior developer and lead developer permanent positions for global insurance companies operating in Malaysia (KL).
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the insurance application and any interface with business partners, in house systems and regional systems.
- Also responsible for user requirement study, design, program coding, system testing, system setup and coordinate users acceptance testing.
- Responsible for technical and system documentation.
- Provide support and maintenance of system day to day operations request and issues.
- Conduct user training to key users and business owner for ongoing system enhancements.
- Adhere to IT change and release management procedures and control.
- Ensure mandatory projects/request documents properly signed off and documented.
- Assist in the smooth running of business as usual for IT functions.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position. For Lead Developer role, minimum 5 years and above is required.
- Technical skillsets required are AS/400, AS/400 message queue, SMART/400, COBOL/400, CL programming.
- Good knowledge and working experience with CSC’s Polisy/M or Polisy/Asia system, or Group/400 system.
- Familiar with system development life cycle.
- Be a good communicator, team player and have good working attitude.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Possess of strong analytical, problem solving skills & innovative thinking.
- Effective verbal and good written communication skills in English.
- Local Malaysian are preferred for the permanent positions offered, but non-Malaysian are also encouraged to apply for other contract positions that may be available too.