- Ensure effective communication channels with other departments.
- Conduct regular communication meeting within the Housekeeping department by encouraging excellence and promoting high morale in department.
- Maintain hands on frontline presence within the department.
- Ensure the Housekeeping department work as a friendly team.
- Ensure standards of cleanliness and appearance of guest rooms, public areas and service areas are met with daily inspections of these areas being carried out.
- To execute a program of maintenance and cleaning, ensuring the hotel rooms and public areas are upkeep.
- Carry out quality control tests of working process, surveys to improve efficiency, reduce costs and produce better services to hotel and guests.
- Keep a close command flow with Front Office on rooms’ status and Engineering on defect works in all operating areas.
- Prepare monthly project schedules for rooms, public areas and laundry, this is to be communicated to and followed up with supervisors.
- Produce monthly report to standard hotel format.
- Check monthly duty rosters for department in ensuring staffing is in line with occupancy and budget.
- Operate the Housekeeping function of the Hotel computer system and train department supervisor and clerks to do also.
- Report any health or safety hazards to the maintenance department or the safety committee.
- Complete other duties as directed by the General Manager.
- Minimum SPM/Diploma holder
- With at least 3 years working experience in the same capacity.
- Good command in written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Process good leadership skills in managing subordinates.
- Knowledgeable in housekeeping inventories, equipment and chemicals usage.
- Pays attention to details, processes good discipline and work conduct.
- Ensures the housekeeping operations run smoothly and effectively in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures.
- Manages to train, supervise, discipline, counsel and motivate all employees at all times.
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?