An excellent Finance Manager job in Penang has just arisen at one of the leading hotels. In this hospitality and catering working environment, the Finance Manager will be accountable for all the financial activities of the hotel which include financial controls, protection of company's assets, accounting operations, preparation of financial reports and the management of the annual budget.
About the Finance Manager Role:
This is a great opportunity for the Finance Manager to direct all the daily financial matters of the hotel. Your main responsibility if to ensure that the accounts are properly kept in accordance with set policies and procedures.
- To supervise the work of all the accounts staff of the department which encompasses credit control, accounts receivable & payables, general ledger, costing/store control, cashiering and the preparation of financial reports
- To monitor cash flow of the hotel
- To ensure that all the sales receipts are banked into the hotel's bank accounts
- To monitor expenses and ensure that they are within budget
- To vet contracts and agreements and ensure that the hotel is not disadvantaged
- To review internal control mechanism and recommend changes to tighten security
- To liaise with the external auditors on the annual audit of the hotel’s account
- To provide statistical data required by the government and statutory bodies
- To ensure payroll is completed on a timely basis with accurate calculation and duly credited before the 7th of the following month
- To ensure quarterly reconciliation of hotel operating equipment
- To oversee the IT department to ensure swift response time and minimal downtime
- To ensure Materials Control policies and approval levels are adhered to
- To take charge of all purchasing matters, with the best price sourced for the items, and ensure at least annual review of prices for non-perishables
To succeed in this Finance Manager Role, you will need to possess a minimum five years’ experiences in similar role
- Candidate must possess Degree or Diploma in Finance/Accounting or related field
- Process application knowledge of SAP will be an added advantage
- Strong interaction, communication & analytical skills and resourceful in problem solving
- Possess leadership & supervisory skills and responsible with good attitude
This leading hotel has an outstanding reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. With a 10 years history this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development.
If you are a talented and focused Finance professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Finance Manager job is the role for you. You will be a part of forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Sunny Tan on +604 - 6090 505 or email to email@example.com quoting the Job Reference No. 1306990.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125