Diploma / Degree in Cardiovascular Technology
1. To assist the doctors in conducting non-invasive cardiovascular and pulmonary systems diagnostic tests to patients.
2. To assist the doctors in endoscopy procedures and neurophysiological diagnostic procedures.
3. To carry out all Doctors' prescribed treatment to the patients, to observe and record all conditions of patients.
4. To documents, maintain accurate records of patients and to ensure that all staff are aware of patients' conditions or any changes in treatment.
5. To be responsible for the supervision and proper use of supplies and equipment. Ensure sufficient stock control of supplies and equipment in the unit.
6. To ensure the maintenance of privacy and confidentiality with regards to patients'condition and medical records.
7. To act as a resource person on technical skills and updates in the new development of technical skills and equipment.
8. To keep abreast of clinical development by attending lectures and seminars and with regular references to professional journals.
9. To practice Universal Precautions and adhere to Infection Control Policies.
10. To ensure the safe custody and administration of drugs as per hospital policy and procedures.
11. To maintain the responsibility for reporting equipment which require maintenance, checking of repair and replacement items.