- Work with architects and engineers to gather product and structural requirements and designs.
- Calculate dimensions, weight limitations and requirements in materials.
- Present production methods step-by-step (including equipment and software types to be used).
- Develop detailed designs with computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Design diagrams, maps and layouts to illustrate workflow.
- Prepare and review rough sketches and review them along with the engineering team.
- Determine potential operational issues and redesign products to improve functionality.
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards.
- Create manuals that describe existing products' operation, features and maintenance.
- Possess at least a Diploma/Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture or degree from a technical college.
- At least 3 years of working experience in steel industries.
- Proven work experience as a Drafter or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Expert with 3D modeling tools.
- Excellent math skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.