- Engineering & Design Manager in overseeing all design related activities.
- Lead the Design Team to meet the KPI tasked and achieve the goal stated in DRF.
- Record and generate monthly report against KPI and DRF.
- Responsible for ISO related activities.
- The team in standardization and improvement program.
- Type Testing activities related to the switchboard.
- New Type Testing R&D designing and development plan.
- Proposing new components & circuitry to be used in mitigating complex design and improve productivity.
- Implementing a method to improve and increase drawing & design quality.
- Siemens Sivacon development program.
- Receive DRF from project/sales, check if sufficient information is given, interpret standard, type test and compliances are according to project & requirement, record, and delegate to designer/drafter.
- Giving orders and instructions, complete with drawing, tender specifications, project requirements and delivery schedules stated in DRF to designer/drafter.
- Liaise with a team of drawings, components catalogs compilation amendment and update.
- Design and produce initial sketch layout as indicated in DRF by respective departments for the preliminary request (Non-confirmed or consultant requested).
- Attend site meetings, site survey, and switchroom measurement together with project Engineer where necessary.
- Where necessary, communicate with clients, contractors, consultants, vendors to discuss and propose appropriate design within the contract.
- Monitor the progress of drawing quality and completion.
- Ensure drawings are delivered timely and accurate.
- Ensure smooth operation of design and drafting team according to Type Test, specification, standard, and market requirements.
- Review & initiate changes to standard, instructions, type test, and technical tables.
- Ensure design is cost-effective and within requirement.
- Documentation control and command and recording according to ISO requirement.
- Attend ISO audit when required.
- Work closely with Engineering Manager for improvement works, R&D, upgrading program and Type Test switchboard when necessary.
- Work with the Engineering Manager to standardized the Siemens Sivacon SB requirement to tabulate the standard component list, parts drawing, type test reports and modify fabrication drawing for local and customer needs.
- Liaise with service team on complaints received/feedback from fields, clients, contractors, consultants, and production for improvement and recommendation program.
- Familiar with local codes, regulations and procedures, documentation and discriminate to team under the standardization program.
- Record DRFs, mistakes made by the team, KPI for daily achievement.
- Implement and improvement to the self-drafter's checklist to improve drafters' quality and competency.
- Ensure submission of monthly/bi-weekly reports (Timesheet weekly, KPI report monthly) on all DRFs status and manpower; man hour insured to Engineering Manager timely and religiously.
- Any other ad-hoc design as assigned by project/management.
- Attend inter-department meeting when necessary for discussion of products and design defects, design change, a new implementation of design, components update, incident, complaint recorded and any improvement discussion.
- Improvement program :
- Standardization symbolic according to IEC standard.
- Leading the team to convert to new application software if necessary.
- Involvement to R&D, new design, new type test, standardization of production drawings and control drawings.
- Implementation of new standard control circuitry.
- Implementation of new panel GA design in a modular format.
- Involvement in new product development & evaluation acceptance.
- Involvement in existing product evaluation for reliability.
- PLC and block standard control design.
- Implementation of standard drawing for repeated design.
- Study and update key technical specification on all components used periodically.
- Conduct internal meeting on improvement, training, standardization, new and obsolete product update, standards, type test etc.
Job Requirements :
- Candidate must possess at least Diploma in Electrical Engineering or related and relevant and recognized qualification.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in a switchboard industry preferred.
- Knowledge in AutoCAD, Solidworks in 3D designing, and EPlan is added advantage.
- Good communication and people relation skills.
- Technically sound with knowledge in the related field.
- Possess good spoken & writing in English.
- Sensitive and diplomatic.
- Hard working
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?