Job Description :
- To be overall responsible and oversee the daily operational matters of the Engineering Department.
- To engage, train, manage and develop an in-house team of Engineering staff responsible for the Facilities Engineering Maintenance Service (FEMS) and Bio-medical Engineering Maintenance Service (BEMS).
- To plan, develop and implement Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) and Planned Corrective Maintenance (PCM) programmes for the FEMS and BEMS.
- To ensure that the FEMS of the following infrastructures are properly and effectively maintained in cost effective ways - Hospital buildings, medical gas supply, fire fighting system (individual and central), water supply system, plumbing system, sewerage system, electrical system, pneumatic tube system, telecommunication system (PABX), audio visual equipment (TVs, VCRs), air- conditioning and ventilation systems, public address system, heavy plants & machines.
- To ensure that the BEMS is properly and effectively maintained for all medical equipment in cost effective ways. He must co-ordinate with out-source contractors and vendors on the PPM and PCM of these equipment. The PPM and PCM of other non out-source medical equipment will be the responsibility of the Hospital & Engineering staff.
- To prepare a systematic programme for the repair, repainting, servicing and replacement of the Hospital's assets such as buildings, roads equipment, heavy plants and machines.
- To ensure that the Hospital buildings's appendages, gutters and roofs are regularly maintained to prevent the breeding of disease bearing vectors such as mosquitoes, cockroaches etc.
- To ensure that the grounds and buildings of the Hospital are pest free operating through an out-source pest control service.
- To ensure the regular maintenance of the Hospital's flood mitigation pond.
- To liase with the relevant agencies such as the Fire & Rescue Department, Department of Occupational Safety & Health, City Hall and other government departments where necessary. He will co-ordinate and liase with Consultants under statutory requirements such as the Electrical Consultant, Fire Fighting Consultant and other relevant Consultants.
- To act as the Hospital's Fire Safety Officer and to take specific responsibility for the training of staff in fire safety matters including fire prevention and control.
- To be responsible for the duties of the Clerk of Works in the supervision of minor or major development projects.
- To ensure that the Engineering staff respond appropriately to work requests with targeted turn around times.
- To organise on-call arrangements, ensuring that the Hospital is provided with emergency support in the event of service breakdown of the FEMS and BEMS.
- To conduct regular cost containment and maximum utilisation studies of the FEMS and BEMS.
- To plan and conduct the required number of Quality Improvement Activities (QIA) in order to improve the quality of the services of the Engineering Department.
- To undertake other duties as defined from time to time by the Operational Services Manager or the Chief Executive Officer which relate to the nature and responsibilities of the above position.
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?