We are looking for an experienced senior software engineer with deep technical expertise in Java and IBM technologies. You will be required to develop and implement web-based Java applications to support business requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
Knowledge & Experience:
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Be able to communicate effectively via presentations
- Strong foundation in Java/J2EE fundamentals, with good understanding of Java standards
- Experience developing JAVA applications with JDKs 1.6 or higher, JEE6, JDBC, and SQL
- Experience with Java Web Services, JUnit, and Subversion
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming, Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD) and coding best practices
- Knowledge on IBM server technologies is an added advantage
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Good communication and presentation abilities.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Perks & Benefits
- Commission and bonus
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Nearby public transport
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Personal development opportunities