Acts in an actuarial capacity while in pursuit of an actuarial qualification, performing duties under direct guidance which are of a mathematical and/or financial nature, in order to provide highly accurate data and analyses for use by Actuaries in the evaluation of reserves, financial reporting or the pricing of business.
- Under direct guidance, assist in calculation of actuarial best estimate reserves (loss and premium), planning, and profitability analyses for defined segments of insurance business.
- Under direct guidance, perform research, loss emergence studies, and other statistical analyses.
- Under direct guidance, ensure that the claims provisioning processes for assigned tasks are appropriately governed in accordance with Group, Regional, and Local regulatory policies.
- Under direct guidance, calculate pricing or rate indications for new/renewal business, and assist in price monitoring, planning, and profitability analyses for defined segments of insurance business.
- Under direct guidance, perform research, experience studies and other statistical analysis.
- Under direct guidance, prepare premium rate filings, schedules of statistics/statistical analyses, and financial statements.
- Assist in the testing and maintenance of pricing models and tools.
- Perform experience investigations and data validation.
- With supervision, set up and run actuarial cash flow models for use in actuarial reporting.
- Provide support for calculation of statutory reserves and financial valuations.
- Where appropriate, provide product development and pricing support.
- With supervision run and test pricing models.
Who we are
Looking for a career that will excite, challenge and inspire you? Thinking about insurance? Perhaps you should. Working for us is a totally different experience to what you probably expect. How do you feel about the things you truly love? Don’t you want to protect them in the best way possible? Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You’d give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. This is no easy task. In today’s interconnected world, tackling risk is fast, unpredictable and invigorating. You’ll have to think on your feet as you manage risks big and small, from flooding to cyber crime. You’ll be tackling issues like these in over 170 countries. It’s a big challenge, but you’ll have a truly diverse network helping you. As part of an international team, every day would provide opportunities to learn, grow and share ideas.
As you make an impact across borders, you’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.
Zurich Insurance has the policy to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to criteria such as race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
At Zurich we believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our 4 million customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes. As a global organisation, with an increasingly agile workforce, we're happy to consider flexible working arrangements.