Research and Education
- Publish research outcomes in high impact journals.
- Establish a strong program of research capable of attracting external funding and research staff.
- Successfully supervise undergraduate and postgraduate students to completion.
- Have an active and supportive approach to multi-disciplinary research that will help to foster interactions and links both within the University and industry.
- Lead and coordinate research activity in the discipline.
- Support the development and implementation of research strategy in the School.
- Conduct research into learning and teaching methodologies and disseminate best practice within the University and externally.
- Design, develop and deliver a range of courses/units in the relevant discipline at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Lead the development and clarification of academic standards and quality for the disciplinary area.
- Working closely with the Educational Unit in the development and implementation of teaching and assessment strategy.
- Service to the School and Campus in ways which capitalise on experience and seniority.
- Provide leadership in teaching and curriculum development.
- Foster and facilitate the development of outstanding academic programs, research and research trainings in the relevant discipline.
- Facilitate the management of the School’s undergraduate and postgraduate programs, consistent with the objectives of the University.
- Provide leadership and participate in community affairs to enhance the standing of the discipline, Faculty and University regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Contribute to academic and administrative leadership within the School and participate in the development of policy in the School, Faculty and University.
- Strengthen links with relevant faculties and schools within the University.
- Perform administrative and coordination duties that are necessary for the effective operation of programs.
- Actively participate in the administration and strategic development of the School.
- Represent the School’s interests, views and needs in the broader Faculty, Campus and University contexts.
- Contribute to the School’s talent management agenda through effective mentoring, coaching, supervision and performance management.
- Provide innovative and effective leadership in the discipline.
- Demonstrate ability to innovate in the relevant disciplines through publications, patent filings or product commercializations.
- Develop collaborative linkages and provide advice to government, industry and community organisations on relevant matters.
- Liaise with industry to foster collaboration and research opportunities, including funding for postgraduate students.
- Develop collaborations with other research groups locally and overseas.
- Engage in cooperative efforts to develop cross-faculty or multi-disciplinary course proposals and research projects.
- Establish collaborative links with government and professional bodies for the promotion and development of the discipline.
- Must possess a PhD in Computer Science or any related academic discipline with strong research background. Master graduates with extensive industry experience will also be considered.
- Evidence of scholarly activity of an international standard in the relevant discipline including significant publications in high impact journals, and a demonstrated ongoing high level of commitment to research.
- Demonstrated ability to generate significant external research income.
- Considerable good track record of successful supervision of undergraduate or postgraduate thesis towards completion.
- Demonstrated ability to make a substantial contribution to administration, management and planning at the disciplinary level or higher.
- The ability to make significant contributions to undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the relevant discipline with evidence of innovation in curriculum development, course design and course management.
- Proven commitment to the delivery of excellent teaching and educational services to students and to effectively liaise with stakeholders.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills and a proven ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues.
- Substantial experience in academic administration, including people and program management skills, and the ability to promote a collegial, productive culture and to lead and motivate staff to deliver the required outcomes.
- Willingness to represent the University for recruitment drives, staff events, academic / industry seminars, workshops and conferences.
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?
Total 5 jobs
Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Nutrition & Dietetics
Professor/Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer in Surgery / O & G/Psychiatry/Pediatric /Pathology/Anatomy
Director of Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Head of Programme in Special Education; Child Psychology; Childhood Education
Career Service -Senior Manager