Summary of Role
Manage the PR & Communication Unit, generate publicity for CIMA brand, and provide support to other units in Asia Pacific to achieve overall objectives of the Region.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
· Constantly update, enhance and maintain the relationship with key Asia Pacific business / careers / education journalists in the national, trade, broadcast and online press to ensure coverage of the Association events.
· Seek editorial opportunities for technical and other reports generated by CIMA UK through pitching to the press.
· Enhance the CIMA / CGMA / Association brand profile, and manage the planning and execution of media strategy in support of high profile events organized within Asia Pacific region.
· Raise CIMA / CGMA / Association profile with key Asia Pacific journalists by arranging media briefing sessions and meetings with identified CIMA / Association spokespeople.
· Is responsible for providing background on regional publications and journalists to spokespeople.
· Liaise with the Marketing Directorate at the Corporate Centre to develop appropriate storylines and sell them in to Asia Pacific press.
· Deliver regular communications to all stakeholders through a range of channels (e-newsletter and other internal publications such as annual reports and souvenir programmes for high profile events).
· Adopt and edit CIMA’s available articles to suit the local readers in Asia Pacific.
· Is responsible for compiling regional case studies and creating a list of Asia Pacific - based CIMA / Association Ambassadors who can be drawn upon for quotes and speaking engagements.
· Engage and manage media agencies and suppliers to support the implementation of internal and external communication plans.
· Agreeing media messaging for CIMA campaigns, thought-leadership outputs, crisis PR that cover Asia Pacific.
· Create communications strategy for Asia Pacific.
· Plan and manage the yearly budget.
· Compile all Asia Pacific media cuttings and related AVEs on a monthly basis and submitting them to the UK office for use in the Global Marketing Monthly Scorecard at the beginning of each month.
· Develop press releases for CIMA / Association events and where appropriate, joint press releases with CIMA partners as well as briefing on key messages to SLT, CIMA spokesperson, and invited guest of honour to officiate the events.
· Plan, schedule and implement advertising and promotional activities in the various print and online media to assist in student recruitment and create general awareness of CIMA / Association and the products that CIMA / Association offers.
· Prepare and produce souvenir programmes for the Region’s high profile events.
· Secure and manage media partnership, sponsorship and benefits.
· Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
· Excellent command of written and spoken English.
· Established good relations with the media.
· Strong project management skills.
· Initiative, good judgement, creative and innovative skills.
· Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and cope under pressure.
· Ability to work with international colleagues on global project.
· High level of proficiency in English with excellent written skills
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people of all levels
· Ability to work as a team with all units of the organization.
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education
· Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) preferably in Public Relation / Mass Communication or Marketing.
· Significant relevant working experience (5+ years) in public relations, communications and event/project management.
· Experience in managing multiple tasks at one time.
· Experience in managing projects and dealing with customers/ clients.
Preferred Experience, Qualifications & Education
· Possess a strong background in public relations and communications, as well as project management role.
· Excellent command in English language (both verbal and written).
· Regional work experience.
· Master’s degree in Public Relations, Communications or Marketing
· An existing strong network with the media in Asia Pacific would be an added advantage
Perks & Benefits
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Medical Claim
- Staff Insurance
- Annual Leaves
- Medical Leaves