General Description :
Convert project specifications and statements of problems and procedures to detailed logical flow charts for coding into computer language. Develop and write computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information.
Job Responsibilities :
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
- Consult with managerial, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Write or contribute to instructions on manuals to guide end users.
- Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions.
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Consult with and assist system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Required language(s): Bahasa Malaysia, English.
- Preferably Senior Programmer specializing in IT/Computer - Software or equivalent.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Resourceful and results oriented individual.
- Possess logical and analytical thinking in making suggestion / recommendations.
- Self-starter, committed to excellence and strong desire to learn.
- Willing to travel and relocate to client site.
- Job Location: (a) Cyberjaya, Selangor (b) Kulai, Johor.
Competencies/ Skillset :
- Familiarity with software development methodologies.
- One or more years of software development experience using .NET.
- Knowledge in software design, object-oriented design and implementation techniques such as understanding of design patterns and their application in software development.
- Practical experience designing and implementing .NET, service-oriented architecture (SOA) solutions and publicly-facing web services.
- Must have the desire and experience to implement strong unit and service-level tests.
- Experience with framework, database design, architecture, and implementation in particular, such design, architecture, and implementation in support of .NET application architectures.
- Functional expertise in SQL Server replication mechanisms and data synchronization.
- Familiar progressive SDLC automation concepts such as continuous integration.
- Familiar with versioning control software.