Expeditors is a global logistics company headquartered in Seattle, Washington. As a Fortune 500 company, we employ over 15,300 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 331 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems.
Create and maintain an effective department organization chart, which is designed for flexibility and growth
Prepare, execute, monitor and update at regular intervals the business plan for the department
Monitor and improve key departmental productivity indicators including but not limited to Shipments Per Desk (SPD), Revenue Per Desk (RPD), Expense Per Desk (EPD), Revenue Per Shipment (RPS), Revenue to Expense ratio, Excel measurements
Instill and foster a climate of compliance at all times to regulations.This includes internal policies and procedures such as Operational Process Standards (OPS) and external government regulations or customer policies/requirements
Map and understand department process flow, constantly looking for areas of improved efficiency to offer customers better cycle times and service as well as controlling costs
Ensure all customers standard operating procedures are documented and kept up to date in the Desk Level Standard Operating Procedures database.
Ensure the system reports are utilized at the level of frequency mentioned in order to effectively manage operations
Build and maintain strong relationships with vendors (airlines, trucking companies, and others)
Work to be our vendors lowest cost customer promoting shipper built units by origins, and other creative local market solutions to lower overall cost for both parties.
Evaluate vendors at defined intervals per company policy, focusing on areas of possible improvement with corrective action plans where needed. Regularly read and review business and trade
journals and attend industry events to further market and industry knowledge.
- College degree or equivalent businessqualification
- Good PC skills including MS Word and Excel.
- Good English reading & speaking, understand cargo-related documents in English
- At least 5 years experience in customs clearanceand management/leadership experiences
- Experience in handling various import/exportcustoms formalities.
- Customer service skills and interpersonal skillsare required
- Willing to work overtime, as required
- Able to work well in team, under high pressureand tight deadline
- Good problem solving skills
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.