Legal Affairs Manager
To ensure that all practices, policies, and business activities of the organization fall within the bounds of the organization’s legal posture by providing advice and counsel to general management level and line managers concerning the laws that impact their functional area
· Oversee the company and its groups’ contract and legal matters.
· Analysing the legal implications of all the activities of the organization to ensure that the company conducts all its activities and operations within the existing legal framework.
· Identifying potential legal risks in the company and serves as an internal early warning system to management.
· Promoting an effective intellectual property strategy, function, process and system to protect and enhance the intellectual assets of the company.
· Executes and manages appropriate legal action in response to litigation suits filed against the Company by external parties and prosecutes third parties when company rights and/or interests are violated
· Responsible for managing the various legal aspects of projects being undertaken by the company, including projects already won as well as those under bidding/development.
· Prepare / review the drafts of project documents (agreements – leases, NDA, employment contract, customers, vendors/supply, commercial transactions, and debt financing agreements), to achieve the desired risk allocation position for the company.
· Working with the senior management, manage the review and negotiations of project documentation, ensure compliance with contractual conditions and deal with various day-to-day legal matters involved with the projects, to ensure smooth and successful project execution and operations and closing of all project documents.
· Coordinate with external agencies on legal aspects of due diligence, bid preparation
and project financing.
· Work with project teams to ensure timely compliance with all conditions precedent and other contractual obligations
· Support the Project CEOs in responding to various client requirements, ensuring
The companies’ contractual, financial and reputational position is fully protected.
· Support senior management of the company on various project related legal matters on an ongoing basis.
· Manages and coordinates the activities of the Legal department and ensures that they are within budget and in line with company strategy as communicated from time to time.
· Develops and promotes within the various departments an effective environmental policy, and reporting process within the organization so that the company’s activities comply with local laws and borrowing arrangements as well as group requirements.
· Degree in Law or related fields.
· 3 and 5 years’ professional experience in ICT infrastructure project development, financing and execution, gained primarily within a corporate house or a leading law firm focussed on project development/execution/financing role.
· Experience in drafting, negotiation and interpretation of project documentation in a “project finance” environment involving use of third-party contractors and finance providers, with use of appropriate risk management techniques.
· Deep knowledge of project finance, principles and their application in the Malaysian context. Prior experience in development/negotiation/financing of ICT projects is an advantage.
· Passion for working in the ICT sector and focus on long-term shareholder value creation.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools such as Word and PowerPoint.
· Self-starter with strong self-motivation and a proven capacity to work in a newly established team.
· Result-oriented approach with hands-on execution capability.
· Strong academic background, with particular focus on commercial law.
· Willing to work travel.
· Required language (s): Bahasa Malaysia, English.
· Applicant must be willing to work in Johor Bahru.
· Must have driving license and possess own transport.
· Applicant must be Malaysian citizen
· Able to start work immediately
· 1 Position is available(Johor Bahru)
What do we offer?
· WISEYES offers a dynamic, result-oriented working environment where we encourage our people to excel in their areas of responsibility. We are committed to invest in our people through continuous training and knowledge development. Our remuneration principles reflect our belief in attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry, while aligning our employees’ long-term objectives with the organisation’s long-term business objectives
Interested candidates are required to fax in or email your detailed resume stating your current and expected salary together with a recent passport sized photograph (non-returnable) to:
Tel: 07-3524168, Fax: 07-3516200
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Perks & Benefits
- Commission and bonus
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Company trips
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Personal development opportunities
- Fitness membership