- Ensure effective communication channels with other departments.
- Conduct regular communication meeting within the Housekeeping department by encouraging excellence and promoting high morale in department.
- Maintain hands on frontline presence within the department.
- Ensure the Housekeeping department work as a friendly team.
- Ensure standards of cleanliness and appearance of guest suites, public areas and service areas are met with daily inspections of these areas being carried out.
- To execute a programme of maintenance and cleaning, ensuring the hotel suites and public areas are upkeep.
- Carry out quality control tests of working process, surveys to improve efficiency, reduce costs and produce better services to hotel and guests.
- Keep a close command flow with Front Office on suites status and Engineering on defect works in all operating areas.
- Prepare monthly project schedules for suites, public areas and laundry, this is to be communicated to and followed up with supervisors.
- Produce monthly report to standard hotel format.
- Check monthly rosters for department in ensuring staffing is in line with occupancy and budget.
- Operate the Housekeeping function of the Hotel computer system and train department supervisor and Linen Attendant to do also.
- Report any health or safety hazards to the maintenance department or the safety committee.
- Assist the Human Resources department in selection of Housekeeping personnel.
- Develop and maintain an active on job training programme within the Housekeeping department.
- Allocate time for Human Resources off training programmes as necessary.
- To coach, counsel and if necessary discipline staff in job related areas.
- To ensure all staff maintains high standards of personal appearance, personal hygiene, correct uniforms and name badges as outline in the staff handbook.
- Ensure the correct safe use of, security of and maintenance of laundry machinery and equipment, housekeeping machinery and equipment & florist equipment.
- Ensure hotel property is not damaged by the staff.
- Ensure all damage and potential problems are reported to the maintenance department as soon as noticed.
- Maintain strict and tight control on issuance of master keys.
- Control use of chemicals, equipment and supplies to ensure department profitability.
- Complete monthly stock takes of linen, supplies and uniforms.
- Control issue of uniforms.
- Maintain control of furnishing, furniture, equipment under Housekeeping jurisdiction.
- Control quality of Housekeeping services to ensure customer needs are met.
- Ensure Housekeeping team are friendly and customer focused.
- Encourage Housekeeping team to listen and report guest and internal customer feedback.
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?