At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This role has a critical function to develop and maintain systems, rules, and processes to ensure fulfillment of internal and external requirements. The role is also responsible to ensure that projects and products are capable and will meet specified standards and requires an understanding of technical concepts, methods and procedures .
As the Quality Specialist you will be primarily responsible for:
- Drafting procedures and quality manuals
- Understanding regulatory requirements to be transcribed into these quality manual
- Conducting audits on quality system.
- Knowledge of Quality Systems
In addition to the above you will also be responsible for :
- Ensure that all procedures documented in the MOE, Procedures Manual and other Manuals are in compliance with the company, manufacturers and Airworthiness Authorities requirements.
- Ensure that all Quality Systems and procedures are documented in the Procedures Manual, QCWIs or other related manuals for the Airworthiness Authorities.
- Liaise with GE Engine Services Quality to assure the company's Quality System meets the overall GEES Quality System Requirements.
Conduct surveillance and spot checks on daily basis.
- Initiate and execute corrective and preventive actions.
- Raise surveillance reports on significant deficiencies after consultation with the relevant Section Head.
Conduct investigations of all defects/deficiencies as assigned.
- Raise DIR’s ( Defect Investigation Report ) if applicable.
Conduct Technical enquiries as required.
To be successful in this role, you would possess and/or demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor's degree from a local or inter-nationally recognised university
- At least 3-5 years experience in a similar quality role.
- Previous experience in quality management systems and audits.
- Experience in Safety Management Systems would be an added advantage.
Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work independently and collaboratively in cross functional teams
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Locations: Malaysia; Subang
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.