Location: Enza Zaden, Bukit Minyak, Penang
Reporting To: Regional Director – South East Asia
Purpose of Position:
To provide financial management and provision of timely and accurate information and business support to assist strategic and business decision-making. The person is responsible for providing leadership and direction on the management team, as well as, day-to-day management of the finance and information technology functions for the organization. This position will build and sustain the capacity of the finance and ICT department and provide exemplary stewardship through the establishment, monitoring and improvement of accounting, finance and ICT systems and procedures.
Financial Management and Reporting
- To manage the Company’s financial affairs, including management and statutory accounts together with longer-term financial projections and to ensure that the most efficient and effective financial control systems and reporting mechanisms are in place.
- Manage the processing of all contract and other income and disbursements.
- Timely and accurate preparation of consolidated monthly, Quarterly and annual financial statements and reports in accordance with Company’s standards.
- Ensure financial and business related legislative compliances are met.
- Manage bank transactions including wire transfers, renewal of Certificates of Deposit, and keeping track of signing authorities.
- Monitors the collection and recording of accounts payables and receivables.
- Monitor the effective purchasing, payment of invoices, and expense reporting in regional/remote virtual offices.
- Prepares and presents operational and finance reports on a monthly basis for the Regional Director & Company Head Quarter.
- Ensure the timely, accurate completion of all government, statutory regulatory agency reports.
Business and Analytical
- Performs financial analysis, forecasting, reporting and monitoring the achievement of goals and the use of financial resources to support business decision-making.
- Develop controlling procedure in coordination with global team.
- Review infrastructure resources, including all assets and assist in developing strategies to maximize return on assets.
- Assist in product pricing strategy and service costing framework.
- Develops the annual budget with respect to the requirements of the finance, and IT function for the organization.
- Supports the HoDs in the development of annual budgets.
- Develops annual budgets for the review and approval of the Regional Director and Head-office.
- Coordinate and oversee the annual audit.
- Manage and oversee the budgeting process including effective planning, guidelines and assumptions.
- Review and develop effective and robust financial policies and control procedures. Develop risk management strategies and processes.
- Ensure internal controls and systems are effective and efficient.
- Ensures the efficient and effective management of all financial functions of the organization Develops, implements, adheres to and monitors compliance to internal financial controls to ensure that the organization is protected from risk.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met.
- Ensures that the organization makes all required government remittances and remits applicable taxes in the regions in which it operates.
- Review and where appropriate, develop and implement information systems in coordination with global ICT department.
- Ensure that all ICT policies are up to date & followed by all employees in the organization Give pro-active & timely support to all users for ICT services to ensure efficiency.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and positive working relationships with the internal and external stakeholders.
- Actively manage team members and ensure all Finance Team members are supported to maintain excellence in service delivery and have opportunities for professional development.
Experience & Skills:
- More than 8 years prior experience in Finance field with 2-3 years in senior position.
- Strong financial management acumen; knowledge of accounting procedures and protocols, budget administration and financial forecasting, analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of Govt and provincial financial legislation.
- Ability to supervise and mentor staff and engage staff members and inspire credibility, confidence and build consensus.
- Ability to plan, organize and lead the implementation of plans and processes Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and negotiation skills Excellent written communication skills in English.
- High comfort and tolerance to manage stress and role demands.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the proven ability to provide leadership to a team and to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically with expertise in complex problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills, displays good judgment.
- Advanced proficiency with computerized financial systems.