- Responsible for transition of products from design to manufacturing team and coordinate all design related issues to ensure product start-up issues are communicated and resolved
- Provide sustaining engineering support to the manufacturing team through detailed failure analysis, technical support, alternate component recommendations, documentation revisions, assembly support, obsolescence analysis, and training support to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Resolve component supplier issues with manufacturing in a timely manner to minimize production impact
- You have the responsibility to assure that the product is designed and tested in compliance with all applicable agency requirements (UL, FCC, etc.), as well as Plexus quality-related aspects of the project.
- This includes but is not limited to: participation in the development of product specifications, ensuring project compliance to internal and external standards, coordinating safety agency marking and regulatory compliance, coordinating the risk analysis activities, creating and managing the quality engineering deliverables and generating and coordinating design verification test activities
- Develop engineering product that satisfy the customer's requirements through collaboration with other discipline to ensure project success.
- Has a clear understanding and actively supports the full product realization process (Conceptualize, Design, Commercialize, Manufacture, Fulfill, Sustain).
· Bachelor Degree in Electronics or Electrical & Electronics Engineering with a minimum of 5 years’ experience with similar responsibilities.
· Possess an overall understanding of the product development and product realization processes
- Possess a detailed understanding and extensive experience in board-level design
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Possess good command of English in both verbal and written with strong presentation and leadership skills
- Ability and willingness to travel may be required to meet the needs of the business
- Knowledge of reliability engineering, EMC, safety, environmental pre-compliance test procedures and, regulatory agency requirements is a plus