· Monitor vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing specification.
· Obtain competitive quotation for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased.
· A minimum of three independent genuine quotations must be obtained.
· Establish contracts to ensure reduced pricing for all operating areas of the hotel.
· Ensures that all order receiving dates are updated by buyers according to the suppliers promised delivery dates.
· Responsible for all administrative functions of the Materials department, staffing, training and execution of other related duties.
· Responsible for all purchasing functions, quotations, quality and availability.
· Ensures that the suppliers follow the rules relating to hygiene & Halal Certification.
· Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Business Studies/Administration/Management or equivalent.
· At least 5 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
· Required Skill(s): Negotiation and closing skills, Ability to develop negotiation strategies, Ability to evaluate legal and business risk
· Preferably Senior Executive specialized in Hotel Management/Tourism Services or equivalent