- Assist in overseeing the culinary operations in the Garde Manger, consistent with the strategies and vision of the hotel.
- Choosing, preparing and presenting cold foods, such as fruits, salads, cold soups, meat and cheese, in a creative way.
- Analyse and addresses areas of concern and defines needs for improvement.
- Monitors waste and over production, as well as utilizes leftovers, ensures proper rotation and quality control.
- Takes inventory, coordinates with the Executive Chef on order and preparation of food items.
- Responsible for assisting Executive Chef in maintaining the overall cleanliness and equipment maintenance of their areas.
- Delegate work assignments.
- Responsible for service menu-Supervise and assists in plate up, coordinates with Executive Chef on buffet.
- Other job duties as requested.
- Degree/Diploma in Culinary, or equivalent work experience.
- At least three years’ experience in Japanese Cuisine.
- Knife skills of cutting, chopping, carving and dicing.
- Able to come up with creative, dazzling, and spectacular presentation.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?