“What features can we deliver during this iteration? What are the most important features our clients care about?”
- Apply knowledge of plastic part design and molding to design concepts and development.
- Generate / update 2D drawings and product specifications of new and existing products.
- Establish test procedures for quality assurance of finished product based on design requirements.
- Create and maintain detailed project plans, including definition of customer deliverables, timelines and budgets.
- Work with departments to understand current design or production issues / changes and how Engineering may lead or support closure.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams, monitor ongoing projects and troubleshoot / support on site when required.
- Execute all related and supporting tasks as required by project leader.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ engineering experience in plastic injection molding.
- Stage high quality 2D drawing and 3D modeling with SolidWorks.
- Working experience with mold flow analysis, Moldex3D is a plus.
Have good understanding of
- Plastic resin and materials selection
- Part design for plastic molding
- Plastic defects for plastic molding
- Injection Mold Tooling (gates, parting lines, processes, etc.)
- Knowledge of scientific molding principles is a plus.