Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drafts contracts, briefs, notices, memoranda, circulars, correspondence, orders, reports, and other legal forms;
- Prepares routine letters (i.e. demand or inquiry) to delinquent parties;
- Conducts preliminary study of cases submitted by project team or HQ staff arising from infractions of the law, makes preliminary decisions about actions to be taken and prepares drafts for submission to superior;
- Checks documents or papers for compliance and correctness;
- Provides legal advisory and counselling on other official matters;
- Perform other functions that maybe assigned by the supervisor from time to time
- To work collaboratively with HQ and networks where appropriate, both locally and nationally
- Advise on statutory compliances.
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.)
- Provide clarification on legal specifications to everyone in the organization
- Draft and/or review legal letters, contracts and agreements and monitor legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance, as requested.
Education / Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor degree in Law
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Oversee lawsuits, possibly acting as chief litigator.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?