LexisNexis gives legal professionals in Malaysia quick access to a world of valuable legal content. From expert opinions to multi-jurisdictional caselaw, everything is on a single platform. It takes an amazing team to make this world-class content and technology possible. As we continue to innovate, we need more talented people to join us.
Your challenge will be to get authoritative legal, financial, academic and regulatory content onto our systems, ready for clients. Like us, you’ll insist on the highest standards and be passionate about editorial excellence. Highly organised and comfortable at the hub of a busy team, you’ll thrive on driving colleagues and authors to continuously improve their output. You will also be able to:
- Join a company that’s made information that was previously only available in a print format accessible online
- Work for a company that’s international, serving professionals in 100 different countries
- Be part of a 10,000-strong global workforce
- Work in an open, collaborative setting
- Edit manuscript for content and organisation to ensure accuracy, currency, relevance, conformance, accessibility and timeliness.
- Perform original research as required and ensure that developments in the law are monitored.
- Adhere to the publishing schedule for all formats; implement agreed plans for product enhancements.
- Manage authors and/or suppliers, including contract negotiations, ongoing author support, ensuring on-time delivery of manuscript/content and following up on quality issues.
- Build effective relationships with colleagues, customers (internal and external) and management to ensure efficient execution of day-to-day operations and strategic plans.
- Work with team, colleagues and customers to develop and implement ongoing product development as well as to implement continuous process improvements to achieve best practice.
- Participate in the annual cycle of product reviews.
- Tertiary Education Qualification required (Law, Arts/English)
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Internet skills;
- Admission to legal practice preferred but not essential.
- Sound working knowledge of publishing workflow receipt of content to receipt by customer (Online & HC)
- Prior editing or legal experience preferred;
- Experience in publishing would be advantageous;
- Good communication skills;
- Experience in project management and an ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Sound legal, language and grammatical ability;
- Excellent organisation and problem-solving skills;
- Language skills: fluent English essential; competent Bahasa useful.
You have the power to make our highly regarded content even better. If the prospect inspires you, we would like to hear from you.