A leading international logistics organisation is seeking a high-calibre General Manager to join their office based in Petaling Jaya. In this General Manager job, you will be responsible for supporting the business unit with a regional remit.
About the General Manager Role:
Reporting to the Director of Logistics, you will be responsible for the overall direction, management and control of all business activities within Malaysian region.
- Lead Malaysia's team to achieve the company's goals on volume, gross revenues and net operating income
- Strengthen and develop the operations function through service capabilities, country network and operation's organisation structure
- Plan, design and demonstrate leadership to achieve overall operations excellence, customer satisfaction, service integrity and cost containment
- Manage and develop the talent pool for retention and succession planning of direct reports and 2nd-tier leaders
To succeed in the General Manager role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with the senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- A minimum of five years' experience in a similar or country lead role
- Exposure to international business and operating environment
- Strong leadership skills and people management ability
- Analytically and exposure in ocean freight experience
This international logistics organisation has an outstanding reputation in its field and great value is placed on development. With a strong history this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development.
If you have a successful track record of managing a team and enjoy working in a team environment, you can take your career forward with this exciting General Manager job.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125