Regional Strategic Buyer / Ocean Freight
“I want a unique opportunity to be part of a global team where I can fulfill my potential and deliver value to the business”
Nestrade Procurement Division, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Undefined period of time, 100%
Travel rate: approx. 20 %
Who are we?
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 89,5 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2016. It is present in 191 countries around the world, has 418 factories and its 328,000 employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favorites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on .
Procurement at Nestlé:
To ensure that Nestlé achieves its objective of sustainable growth, a new Procurement Division is being created with hubs in Switzerland, Panama and Malaysia. They will provide a range of services, including the management of procurement for specific raw materials, packaging, indirect materials and other services. The hubs will also support markets with managing local spend.
In order to implement and drive the success of our new procurement model and to complete the Global Logistics Procurement team we are looking for a highly competent Regional Strategic Buyer based in Malaysia.
Are you ready to join a high performance team?
Reporting directly to the Regional Head of the Global Logistics Procurement team, you will be responsible for defining and implementing the category strategy mainly for the Ocean Freight Category on a global and regional level. As our function continues to expand, you may likewise get exposed to other logistics practices such as road transport and general forwarding activities.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Jointly with the regional team you will contribute to defining, developing and implementing the category strategy, utilizing Strategic Sourcing processes, tools and policies.
- Align with markets and businesses on their requirements & priorities and ensure these are reflected in the category strategy and during tender execution
- Consistently seek process and operational improvements driving financial and operational performance
- Lead & coach markets and businesses as they operate & develop their international physical transport operations and strategies
- Manage the relationship with internal stakeholders as well as external carriers and Logistics Service Providers including but not limited to tactical and strategic performance management
- Ensure compliance to Nestlé's Corporate Business Principles, policies and standards.
What is required?
- 5+ years’ experience in global logistics and/or physical supply chain management, ideally in the 3PL and/or FMCG industry.
- Robust track record in the international container trade and wider logistics & transportation business
- Solid understanding of end to end processes in international Import/Export operations, forwarding and customs brokerage incl. incoterms.
- Experience in developing and delivering compelling value propositions to a complex and demanding business unit portfolio
- Excellent communication skills in English, another language will be an asset.
- Comfort in dealing at all levels in an organization, in-house as well as with carriers and other LPs
What’s on offer?
- A role with responsibility and global scope
- A role where you can make a difference and have an impact, every day
- An attractive and dynamic international working environment – 60plus nationalities
- Consistent opportunities for training and development
- Full time position
- Fixed contract
What we are looking for?
Y ou an ambitious international Logistics Professional with excellent negotiation and communication skills. You possess the ability to influence