This position reports to the Group CFO, but is based out-off MIE’s office in Jalan Ipoh. The appointee oversees the Accounting & Finance department comprising of 2 other individuals. The job scope broadly covers the following:
- Ensure proper and timely accounting of construction contracts and others (being non-construction contracts) for the timely production of management accounts and financial accounts. This including holding periodic project-team meetings for monthly updates of project progress (and project budgeting updates) with emphasis on budgeted cost to complete projects, potential delays & exposure to LADs, and potential billable variation orders.
- Measure project accounts’ profitability and drive performance and accountability. Establish and measure KPIs.
- Manage accounts’ billings, and balance-sheet’s a/c receivables and a/c payables.
- Hands-on involvement in cash-flow planning & liquidity management, FX exposure management (if any) and cost/ expenditure controllership particularly “tender/pre-contract expenditures”.
- Manage treasury and banking requirements (and occasional project security requirements).
The ideal candidate should be a qualified accountant with relevant years of work experience in project accounting and financial controllership. Specifically the individual should meet the following:
- Minimum 3 years in similar capacity and minimum 5 years post professional qualification.
- Highly proficient with MFRS /IFRS (especially MFRS 111 & 15).
- Knowledge on project management and project-life-cycle.
- Proficient in business writing.
- Good interpersonal skills and persuasive ability to drive “best practises”.
- Good user knowledge in MS Excel, Power-point and Words; accounting and ERP software.
- Strong managerial, organizational, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous and objective focused.
The appointee may be concurrently deployed for other accounting and finance functions at the Group Level, depending on the prevalent workload of the primary engagement.
· Tertiary qualification plus professional accounting qualification (i.e. MICPA, ICAEW, CIMA, ACCA, CPA.…etc).
· Preferably a member of MIA.