System Admin Sr. Analyst (Windows/Linux Operating System on Intel Server platforms)
Reporting to the server support first respond team for DELL I/T, the System Admin Sr. Analyst will handle day to day operation issues on Dells server environment.
The System Admin Sr. Analyst will work on 12 hours shift rotations and provide first level support on all the trouble tickets on server environment and a strong team player.
The ideal candidate will be a strong team player and actively participate in a fast-paced and challenging global environment. Candidates must be able to work independently
and demonstrate exceptional organizational and time management skills.
-Provides basic Network Trobleshooting and administration support for daily operations
-Follows procedures and guidelines to install, patch, configure, customize, troubleshoot, upgrade, integrate, and maintain systems, software, network and port configuration, host-based firewalls.
-Supports and collaborates with team members, software vendors, and other technical staff on project efforts to achieve implementation plans and timelines
-Review and monitor systems for availability, error conditions, adequate space allocation and performance to ensure system stability.
-Perform escalation to 2nd Level support team for any major issues
-Provide support during major issues by engaging in bridge calls
-Ability to provide first level findings with good written skills
-Proactively seeks information and utilizes analytical and creative problem solving skills along with standard processes and technologies resulting in secure and reliable
connections to and use of systems, applications, and infrastructure.
-Providing assistance as required to the IT manager
-Ensuring that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all internal customers
-Applies basic skills while developing some specialized skills in procedures, operations, techniques, tools, and equipment appropriate to area of specialization.
-Generally requires direction from more senior technical staff or a supervisor / manager.
- Understands, applies and may adapt fundamental concepts, practices and procedures related to systems administration.
- Basic and Intermediate knowledge of system performance, hardware, software, and related troubleshooting and quality procedures.
- Understands more advanced concepts of systems administration.
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of Dell's business needs.
- Ability to recommend system upgrades and improvements to achieve Dell's goals and objectives.
- Understands software development concepts and processes.
- Good communication and customer service abilities.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft server OS products (W2K3, W2K, etc)
- TCPIP networking , BigIP Loadbalancing, 3DNS global domain name resolution, Storage Area Networks, and Windows Clustering experience preferred
Qualifications and Experience requirements:
2 years of professional experience (2 years directly related to I/T or functional area) or equivalent combination of education/experience.
Knowledge on basic Windows OS server troubelshooting is prefered.
The SE will meet with business customers to define and document server platform requirements for scalability and disaster
recoverability, as well as desired performance characteristics. From there, the SE will translate these requirements into
hardware specifications and lead the effort to implement physical infrastructures for development, testing and production.
The SE will provide 2nd level system support for all implemented systems, coordinate and oversee break-fix tasks
by operational staff, and work with 3rd party vendors and senior engineering staff to resolve more complex problem
The ideal candidate will be a strong team player and actively participate in a fast-paced and challenging global
environment. Candidates must be able to work independently and demonstrate exceptional organizational and time
- Manages Project lifecycle from envisioning, planning, provisioning to stabilization in production
- Guides/ consults customers with the definition of realistic requirements
- Participates in team meetings and assists with definition