- Monitor the development and maintenance of the collection by disseminating information on new publications received to the relevant departments and evaluating suggestions for purchase received. Initiate selection and acquisition process and communicate with suppliers for quotations to obtain the best possible price.
- Plan and develop annual budgeting plan for procurement of library services to meet the user requirements and expectations. Monitor trend of actual expenditure against budget to ensure cost effectiveness and prepare variance reports to explain gaps if any.
- Plan and implement user services by reviewing reference services and streamline loan transactions and conducting user programmes so as to ensure a more efficient and effective service.
- Establish and maintain archives through acquiring all publications on or by the Company to be included in the collection document library materials according to the accepted international standards so as to ensure quality and up to date reference materials. Act as custodian for all library / Resource Centre materials.
- Attend and assist corporate and public visitors during office hours or outside office hours.
- Source for up to date collection, books and articles locally and internationally so as to provide the latest information in the field of power and general industries.
- Develop, review and update library policies and procedures that will serve as a guideline on library operations for the staff and user.
- Maintain and upkeep a proper filing of correspondences to ensure all record are efficiently documented and recorded in respective files for easy retrieval.
- Plan and coordinate activities / programmes in promoting library or Resource Centre services
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Library Management or equivalent.
- At least 5 Year(s) of working experience in Library or E-library services operations and knowledge management.
- Knowledgeable in library policies and practices.
- Good in both oral and written English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Independent and self starter. Able to work with minimum supervision.
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?