Blue Umbrella is a leading global provider of due diligence and pre-employment screening. Our global growth over the past years has achieved a market leading position in the industry. We offer employees global exposure and opportunities. Based in Hong Kong with nearly 200 full-time employees in India, Malaysia, Singapore, Brazil and the United States, Blue Umbrella is renowned for its commitment to quality and service.
Blue Umbrella is quickly becoming one of the largest providers of third party due diligence and pre-employment screening in the developing world. Clients include top tier investment banks, multinational companies, law firms and Western governments who engage our bespoke services to fully understand the backgrounds of their counterparties.
This position reports to the PES Operations Manager in Hong Kong.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Verify educational, employment and professional qualification credentials of prospective employees for clients
• Follow up with third parties for verification results on a regular basis
• Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills when liaising with internal and external parties and communicate in a professional manner
• Conduct research tasks as assigned by supervisors
• Collect, analyze and evaluate research information using a variety of media
• Properly document all steps taken in the research process
• Review all information and documents provided by clients and candidates carefully before initiating a new task
• Manage research tasks with rapidly shifting priorities
• Demonstrate good judgment when planning course of action and evaluating findings
• Attentive to details and accuracy
• Show a good understanding of clients’ requirements and execute service level agreements
• Follow and implement company policy and procedures
• Proactively seek feedback from managers and training opportunities
- MUST be able to read Simplified and Traditional Chinese characters
- Be a post-secondary degree holder
- Be a quick learner who can spot new opportunities with demonstrated initiative, diligence, and attention to detail
- Possess excellent communication skills – written and orally
- Be able to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines and manage projects independently whilst working as part of a wide and varied team
- Be persistent, well organised and able to work under pressure
- Call centre experience would be advantageous.