Purpose of the Role
To design system concepts, detailed layouts of materials handling systems primarily for the Aviation and Logistics business unit for sales and business development activities undertaken by the Daifuku BCS Group.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Generating system layouts and solutions in 3D AutoCAD or Inventor.
- Generation of material lists for sales workbooks and tender documents.
- Assist in preparing tender documents.
- Collate and create tender information.
- Adherence with design and engineering standards, involvement with developing these standards.
- Help develop requirements documents for concept solutions.
- Proofing drawings.
- Prototype engineering assistance.
- Assist with the production of manuals and documentation for new technologies.
- Filing of drawings and designs.
- Project co-ordination with layouts between BCS and the client/builder during project kick off and handover.
- Attendance at project meetings (Kick-off, Weekly, Close-out).
- Checking of CAD drawings.
- Maintenance of project files and records.
- Development of functional description specifications.
- Contract change management (scope, schedule, budget and quality).
- Creation and maintenance of the project timeline.
- Preparation of variation claims.
- Project budget forecasting.
- Client management.
- Development of engineering design standards.
Knowledge , Skills and qualifications / Personal attributes
- Proven and experienced technical management background.
- Proven experience using 3D AutoCAD and Inventor.
- Creative and highly innovative with the ability to think outside of the square and solve problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organise, lead, control and direct resources.
- MS Office experience.
- A graduate degree in mechanical engineering specialising in either design or draught is desirable.
- 5+ years’ experience in detailed mechanical engineering design, cost estimation and project management.
- Previous experience in the mechanical design of materials handling systems is preferred.
- Excellent time management and personal organisation skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Good personal presentation.
- Collaborative and respectful.
- Customer centric.
- Discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Accountability & Communicative.
- Flexibility towards working hours.