About IHS Markit
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
Summary: The Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) group of IHS Markit delivers information, insight and analytics for all key technology sectors. This position is a part of the TMT Research Center of Excellence (RCOE) based in Penang, MY. The team provides desk based research and analysis (R&A) services to the wider TMT community. Responsible for sourcing, capturing, collating and synthesizing TMT industry related market information, the team provides basic market trends and analysis to support TMT end products and workflows.
General Job Duties:
- Work as part of a team providing desk based research and analysis services to TMT market intelligence community using systematic and intuitive research techniques.
- Responsible for contributing to R&A products and workflows ensuring timeliness, high quality standards and completeness of deliverables.
- Collate, Summarize and analyze research findings in the form of a structured DB, report or a pre-defined framework
- Understanding, qualifying research scope; responding and fulfilling research requests by interacting with internal customers
- Have good project management skills to map out the research process and project plan including estimate of time and resources needed
- A flexible approach to be able to work on several different research projects at the same time
- Demonstrate complete ownership and responsibility of the tasks/projects assigned
- Actively participate in formal and in-formal knowledge sharing sessions
Specific Job Duties:
- Effectively and quickly research various sources of information, like company, industry, news websites and electronic databases like Thomson Reuters etc. to acquire news & other details, including, but not limited to, product specifications, pricing, financials, corporate action, new technology etc.
- Organize and rationalize large quantities of information with ability to manipulate that data with ease using advanced excel, macros, and other programs. The ability to influence automated search programs to enable efficient information acquisition and organization process.
- Using structured thought process to summarize and synthesis research findings in databases and frameworks
- Conducting basic analysis of the data and information to provide trends and key takeaways
- Presenting the information, findings and research in clear, structured format
- Ensuring quality of deliverables including completeness and correctness of information & data prior to submitting to business stake holders
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Business
- Higher degree like MBA, Masters, and Engineering is a definite plus.
- 1-2Years’ experience in business (marketing strategic/ operations), market research, consulting
- 2 years+ experience MS Excel for data capture and MS Office
- Advanced level written and spoken English language skills
Other Skills / Requirements:
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem solving mindset
- Quick learner. Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Experience in Technology industry, familiarity with terms and concepts
- Knowledge of advanced MS Excel skills, such as pivot table, writing macros
- Experience using or configuring web crawling tools, with ability to implement machine learning
- Ability to read and speak Chinese, Korean, Japanese or European Languages(non-English)
- Organization skills, including time management and the ability to work under pressure and to datelines
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Veterans. Please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster & Supplemen