Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions.
At Bombardier, our employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Bombardier Malaysia is currently seeking to recruit a:
Finance Analyst (Accounting & Reporting)
This position reports to the Head of Accounting & Site Controlling, Malaysia and will be involved in the following functions: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management, Administration/Assistant, General Ledger, Compliance, Process performance and improvement
- Ensure all vendor master data request are properly routed to Finance Shared Service Centres (FSSC), coordinate with division/business to comply with master data set up requirements
- Input and verify the correct account coding and cost centre of vendors invoices and employee claims
- Ensure down payment and employee advances are properly reconciled/offset with AP
- Local contact point for any vendor inquiry of payment and invoices dispute
- Interface with local business, respond to queries and resolve issue on a timely manner
- Ensure FX payment request is timely and properly completed.
- Ensure all customer master data request are properly routed to Finance Shared Service Centres (FSSC), coordinate with division/business to comply with masterdata setup requirement
- Ensure manual entries are posted into SAP based on invoice issued by controlling team. Prepare manual invoice based on inter-co policies
- Perform checking on inter-co invoices
- This includes ensuring that there is a sufficient level of funds in the account and contacting the bank for relevant issues.
- Tax filing in a timely and compliant manner.
- Ensure all GL master data request are properly routed to Finance Shared Service Centres (FSSC), comply with masterdata setup requirement
- Prepare the monthly recurring expenses accruals, reclass and adjustment journal entries
- Verify capitalization, valuation and disposal of fixed assets
- Support the preparation of account reconciliation prepared by FSSC team, clarify open items and collect additional support for balances that require justification
- Support the annual audit and other statutory reporting requirement
- At least a Degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial accounting experience including at least 2 years in accounts payable function. Those with audit background are welcome to apply.
- Relevant accounting experience gained in a multinational environment and preferably in a Project–based or Services industry
- Familiarity with accounting functions in an ERP environment is important
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Detail-oriented, strong analytical and problem solving skills will be sought after
- Self-motivation, assertiveness and results driven and the ability to multi-task and work towards deadlines would be ideal.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job: Controller / Comptroller
Primary Location: MY-KL-Kuala Lumpur
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 08.09.2017, 6:33:54 AM
22.09.2017, 2:59:00 PM