The candidate will independently set up and manage the Compliance team and provide strong and effective audit recommendations to the Head of Compliance/Board of Directors. The candidate will be able to research, study and plan audits in line with operational strategies, streamlining of processes and cost efficiency actions and deliver these results to support the Board of Director’s decision making processes. The role requires the monitoring and management of all compliance and corporate governance requirements.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
- Establishing risk-based audit plans and programs, coordinating all compliance programs within the Company;
- Execute and interpret audits results against defined audit objectives using risk-based audit methodology and tools;
- Improve operational efficiency, effectiveness through identifying opportunities in risk mitigation;
- Plan and execute the Enterprise risk management framework;
- Conduct trainings on the use and execution of internal audit methodology and tools and provide coaching for team members in performing audit works;
- Ensure the audit systems are effectively implemented in compliance with relevant laws, regulations, group and local policies and procedures;
- Through the audits, provide the senior management and Board/Audit Committee of the company with independent assurance that the risk management systems/framework, internal controls and governance processes are effectively in place;
- Plan and execute special reviews or investigations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accountancy or equivalent, Certified Internal Auditor;
- Strong knowledge of Corporate Governance and Bursa Malaysia listing requirements and auditing standards;
- Has at least 8 years’ experience in internal audit, risk management and fraud investigation;
- Analytical in nature, keen communicator and clear and concise reporting skills;
- Resourceful and independent worker, willing to travel when required;
- Experienced in auditing system control and has good grasp of Microsoft Excel;
- Professional and able to start up an Internal Audit Department as an independent contributor.
If you are a keen learner, resourceful, analytical and thrive in a dynamic working environment, we invite you to explore this opportunity with us. While the work may be challenging, we offer excellent career growth opportunities for the high performer who is committed, engaged and motivated. We invite the right candidates to apply or submit a full, comprehensive CV to email@example.com.