The incumbent is responsible in the area of developing new recipes, training store teams in preparing and producing products to meet imposed standards, controlling inventory level of ingredients, as well as maintaining the upkeep of the central facility.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- New menu creations and development including costing.
- Responsible for planning and food preparation in kitchen.
- Establish KPI for food preparation time.
- Create Sops for all food menu.
- Review all food costings. Monitoring and maintaining the quality and cost of all products both raw and finish.
- Evaluating the quality of food products to ensure quality standard are met.
- To consistently improve on food menu.
- Evaluating kitchen systems and procedures on a regular basis to ensure optimum workflow and productivity.
- To make sure that hygiene standards are strictly followed as per SOP.
- To ensure food safety with compliance to Malaysia Food Act.
- To propose and design kitchen layout with appropriate kitchen equipment.
- Responsible for food target sales and waste management.
- Conducts training for the store teams to ensure delivery of products meets imposed quality and food safety standards.
- Liaises with suppliers and procures ingredients needed for product development and production.
- Assists store operations whenever required.
- Possesses a Diploma/Degree in Culinary Art.
- Minimum 3-5 years working experiences in similar position; have knowledge in western cuisine
- Experience/knowledge in Japanese related bakery and pastry is a plus.
- Experience in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Recognized professional certification or college degree in related field may substitute for a portion of the required experience.
- CAN COOK AND TASTE ALCOHOL.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Creativity and ability to apply new concepts in products development
- Knowledge of food production and processing techniques
- Keen attention to details
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong leadership skills with coaching and mentoring ability
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately, both orally and in writing
- Ability to effectively handle and manage confidential and sensitive information
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office operation (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Possesses own transport; willing to travel
- Applicants must be able to work in Kuala Lumpur area