Role and Responsibilities
1. Knows property law and the function of conveyacing.
2. Drafting or checking sales contracts and agreement terms.
3. To provide administrative support and assist the Company’s Lawyer and Company with any and all parts of legal process pertaining to the trial, from preparing for the case through the post-trial appeals process.
4. To pay close attention to details and highly organized to ensure that all necessary documents are prepared, obtained and organized.
5. To prepare necessary court documents when needed, typing up legal documents and ensuring that it is all filed accordingly.
6. To coordinate and liaise with internal departments of the company and external organizations.
7. To manage schedules, including trial dates and hearings and coordinate appointments and meetings.
8. Assess the urgency of situations and determine appropriate actions, monitor status of pending item, provide follow up and keep management informed by communicating a wide variety of information.
9. Prepare legal correspondence and presentations.
10. Maintain legal management systems.
11. Conduct research for report preparation.
12. Utilize case management system for electronic data management of legal files and creation of management reports.
13. Oversee and coordinate acquisition and maintenance of legal research and reference materials for office, including hard copy and electronic materials.
14. Keeping records up to date.
- Knows property law and is able deal will all legal matters, paperwork and queries involved in a property transaction.
- Performing initial case assessments and investigating claims
- Ensuring that copies of documentation are properly filed and distributed
- Calendaring dates
- Creating and organizing appendices, briefs, indexes
- Keeping records are up to date and establishing a chronology of facts
- Attending hearings and trials in order to take notes
- Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with attorney.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Understands and knows how to execute conveyancing job.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Basic Diploma or law background
· Required languages: English, Bahasa Malaysia, and Chinese.
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
· Good organisational and time management skills.
· Able to handle working under pressure and deadline.
· Reporting, research and legal administration skills.
· Trustworthy and Discreet
· Attention to detail
· Able to problem solve, good communicator and self-motivated