Provide an efficient and responsive administrative support to General Manager (GM) on one-to-one basis, helping him to manage and priorities his time. Secretary often act as the GM’s first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organization.
The Secretary will often be trusted with confidential material and be relied upon by GM to ensure that everything he need is in place.
The Secretary needs extensive knowledge of the organization. He / She needs to know who key personnel are (both external and internal) and understand the organization’s aims and objectives.
Summary of essential job functions
- Maintain and organize GM’s diary, email account, filing system and all other relevant areas as necessary.
- Handle day-to-day diary management. Manage all forms of incoming and outgoing communications i.e. phone calls, emails, faxes, requests and enquiries, etc. on behalf of the GM.
- Analyse, filter and translate incoming and outgoing communications, submission of reports and summary briefs to the GM.
- Arrange travel, visas and accommodation for the GM. Occasionally, travelling with the GM to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentation.
- Conduct weekly diary meetings with the GM to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests.
- Arrange meeting appointments and coordinate business schedule for the GM.
- Organize and attend meetings and ensure that the GM is well prepared for the meetings. Where applicable, assist in the preparation of the presentation and minute taking.
- Draft speeches, articles, briefing, business proposals and other general replies for the GM.
- Liaise professionally and positively with colleagues, clients, government agencies, suppliers and other external and internal parties on behalf of the GM.
- Meet and greet all visitor and clients at all level of seniority.
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks as assigned by GM.
- At least a Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies / Administration / Management, Corporate Management, Secretarial or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of working experience in related field is required for this position.
- Good command of written and spoken in English, Mandarin and Bahasa Malaysia is absolutely necessary. Language ability in Chinese dialects is an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Possess pleasant disposition.
- Good interpersonal and business communication skills.
- Result-oriented and demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced / dynamic environment.
- Well-equipped with time management skill, demonstrate the ability in setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Systematic, organized and a highly analytical aptitude.
- Able to work independently and with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Applicant(s) must be willing to work in Alma, Penang.
- Full-time position available.