1. Press relations
• Raise awareness of Dyson’s story, Dyson technology and Dyson’s presence in Malaysia.
• Building and maintain relationships with media in Malaysia, including print, online, bloggers and social influencers.
• Seek and develop PR opportunities across all media, partnerships and channels.
• Understand the media landscape by reading relevant media sources to develop a good understanding of the market place.
• Pitching both planned and reactive Dyson stories to media.
Identify and manage a list of Key Opinion Leaders and seeding locations. Amplifying stories where appropriate.
2. Content creation
• Produce Malaysia specific content in the form of press releases, interviews, Q&As, online content, event materials, etc.
• Create and develop news stories to secure further press coverage.
3. Social media
• Manage client social media channels, Facebook and YouTube, plus more to come.
• Execute global content on Malaysia social media channels and develop supporting local content.
• Spot and respond to opportunities online and in the media (trending conversations and relevant news stories) to build tactical and reactive campaigns.
• Track, respond to and report any online customer service related issues.
• Flag any crisis communications on all social media with PR.
4. Administrative and analytic
• Fulfil media requests in a timely, deadline-sensitive manner.
• Monitor and report competitor activity and relevant industry trends, events and opportunities to appropriate teams.
• Handle PR admin including building and maintaining media lists, collating coverage, managing resources such as keeping files and templates in order.
• Complete monthly coverage reports and post-campaign reports for all major launches.
• Monitor, analyse and report PR results.
5. Event planning and management
• Plan and manage media events (be it launch event to blogger workshop) from start to finish. Responsibilities include;
o Deduce event core messages and goals.
o Finding and training suitable spokesperson.
o Content creation, scripts, presentations, takeaways, biographies.
o Source and manage event location and props.
o Manage event budgets.
• Jointly develop PR and social media strategy for Malaysia with SEA PR manager.
• Liaise with global counterparts to leverage PR strategies, materials and execution.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Strong academic track record.
• Ideally experience in working within media relations as well as a busy and deadline line driven environments.
• Experience of writing compelling copy.
• Experience of managing projects from start to finish, whether during school, university, internships or employment