- Job location: Penang / Butterworth / Kulim
- Keep accurate records for all daily transactions
- Prepare balance sheets
- Process invoices
- Produces invoices and ensures they contain the necessary information to facilitate timely payment.
- Follows up on outstanding invoices.
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Update internal systems with financial data
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Performs all bank account reconciliations on a monthly basis and when needed, communicates with the bank to understand and reconcile any discrepancies.
- Participate in financial audits
- Track bank deposits and payments
- Assist with budget preparation
- Review and implement financial policies
- Performing day-to-day book-keeping, including analysis of credit/debit payments, petty cash, invoicing.
- Monitors, manages and reconciles petty cash.
- Prepares requests for cash and ensures all disbursements have appropriate supporting documents.
- Preparing Monthly Management accounts for the Senior Management Team.
- Preparing Quarterly Management accounts for the Board.
- Preparing Annual Accounts, ready for audit.
- Assists in the financial audits, if and when required.
- Preparing financial reports for funders.
- Following established administration and record keeping practices.
- Ensuring confidentiality and professional integrity is upheld at all times.
- Maintains appropriate filing of financial records, and ensures proper backup of all files.
- Ensures all expenses and requests for disbursements are approved by the appropriate authority.
- Prepares all cheques within specified time lines.
- Being flexible, adaptable and available to take on other tasks or duties as requested by the company.
- Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role.
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures.
- Experience using financial software.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Knowledge of financial regulations.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Sharp time management skills.
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Professional qualification as a CFA/CPA/ACCA is considered a plus.
Sharing is Caring
Know others who would be interested in this job?