Job purpose and key deliverables
Participates in internal audits in order to form an independent and objective view on risk management practices and the internal control environment by:
- Identifying significant risks in processes, projects, services, business applications.
- Performing appropriate audit tests over the controls identified for testing.
- Assessing the design, effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls over risks.
- Ensures Management Action Plans for control issues fully address the root cause of the issues.
- Providing recommendations to improve the quality of the overall risk management and internal control practices.
- Ensuring all audit work is fully documented within the Audit Management System in line with IIA Standards and the BAT Business Audit Methodology.
Provide data analytics through the use of automated analytics tools.
To assist in delivering a best practice audit and business risk service.
Promotes an awareness of risk management and control practices with BAT management
Coordinate or participate in the delivery of training to Internal Audit staff to support the global delivery of audit services.
- Degree educated with relevant professional qualification
- 3-5 years’ audit risk and controls experience with significant accounting firm and/or corporate industry experience.
- Experience dealing with external auditors.
- Experience in a global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of one or more of BAT’s core business functions, including operations, marketing, finance and IT.
- Knowledge of internal audit practices, principles and procedures and corporate governance requirements for a group operating globally.
Working at BAT
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
BAT Aspac Service Centre Sdn Bhd