Field / Workshop Service Engineer
Primarily to manage all Technical Service Support, Warranty claims and involve in Service Repairs in timely manner.
- To prepare On-Site Investigation (Warranty /Non Warranty Issue) / Repairing / Commissioning / Servicing-Overhaul and In-House Investigation (Warranty) / Repairing / Servicing Overhaul
- To maintain/upgrade service workshop and its equipment (including jigs, fixtures and couplings) in order to maximise the internal repair / overhauling capability including repairing competitor‘s products
- To report (Claims Management, Customer Report and In-House Report)
- To participate in Quality meetings of claims reported/field work findings, contribute and recommendation for continuous improvement
- To diagnose returned products and identify root cause of defects
- To provide rapid troubleshooting response
- To manage regularly in house equipments calibration records , MSDS on chemical storage, 5S and First Aid updating, etc in line with ISO requirements.
- Coordinate in-house repairs and testing with production and engineering
- Engage and coordinate third party service support, repair and delivery when necessary
- Identify external service workshop for inclusion into authorised Asia Pacific service support network.
- Prepare on-site repair procedures.
- Root cause analysis, repair and report on claim status advancement. Update service protocol.
- Troubleshooting and Commissioning within Asia Pacific Area.
Technical Service Support
- Manage all claims timely
- Register protocols in the HQ managed service database for each issue arising and closing with final solution.
- Provide details and reports for HQ, production, quality and sales departments on relevant issues
- Perform detailed diagnostics on product issues
- Provide comprehensive technical support assistance to stakeholders 24/7
- Update monthly reports on customer claim status
- Manage warranty claims fairly
- Liaise and attend monthly meeting with the Production and Quality Department on quality issues detected during field services and where relevant involve HQ.
- Liaise with the Sales Dept to coordinate service sales initiatives and support the Sales function
- Possess Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or its equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in Service Operations industry
- Knowledge in Electric Rotating Machines and capability to read and understand technical texts and drawings.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders and customers
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Diligent attention to technical details
- Good command in English, writing, reporting and speaking skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure.