WorldFish seeks to create an inclusive world of healthy, well-nourished people and a sustainable blue planet, now and in the future. We provide research and innovation in aquatic food systems to support sustainable development and food system transformation toward healthy and resilient diets. Our 2030 WorldFish Research and Innovation Strategy: Aquatic Foods for Healthy People and Planet outlines our commitment to guiding the transition to more resilient aquatic food systems in three priority impact areas: Social and Economic Inclusion, Nutrition and Public Health, and Climate Resilience and Environmental Sustainability.
About the Position
The Facilities and Administration Supervisor will be responsible for the smooth running of the unit especially in the area of facilities management and maintenance, administration, travel desk, Ministry of Foreign Affair (MoFA) and other Government agencies liaison and responsible for the effective and efficient workshop organizations, logistics, travel, visas and transport requirements of the Centre’s operations.
The successful candidate will:
- Supervises the Facilities Specialist for the facilities operations and maintenances with safe and good practices.
- Works with the Facilities Specialist to identify facilities enhancements, and able to clearly define scope of work of facilities repairs and replacements needed.
- Responsible for the assigned functions in the general and administration operations and functions of the Center. Ensure safe and good practices.
- Support the organizing of meetings, conference & seminar events & functions including travel, transport, accommodation & logistics for Administration Units
- Manage travels for Center in accordance with established Center policies through an In-plant Travel Desk staffed by travel agent in obtaining the most competitive travel bookings and air ticket prices.
- Supervise and support the Administrative Assistant and responsible for liaison with MoFA and Immigration and other Government agencies obtaining appropriate visas for new non-local staffs and those travelling, require visas and keeping database on expiries and renewal.
- Assist in establishing facilities guidelines, administrative policies, procedures and systems.
- Coordinate general insurance and manage the claims procedures.
- Manage Facilities contracts renewal for Center.
- Perform any other duties which may be assigned from time-to-time by Compliance and Administration Manager.
- Supervise and work with facilities specialist and administration assistant to ensure all jobs assigned are completed in good order.
This job might be for you if you have the below skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in any discipline related to building, facility and maintenance or relevant field.
- At least 05 years of working experience in a multicultural non-profit or international research organization.
- Knowledgeable in Malaysian OSH Management System, the standards and specifications.
- Certificate in NIOSH will be added advantage.
- Good knowledge of facilities management and able to write good scope of work for requisition purposes.
- Good knowledge of work visas and MOFA requirements.
- Good interpersonal skills with high levels of integrity.
- Good written and verbal English and Bahasa proficiency.
- Good negotiation skills, knowledgeable in administration, resourceful and able to solve problems related to administrative functions.
- Strong customer orientation, interpersonal skills and EQ.
- Result oriented and ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and able to deliver.
- Understanding & knowledge of travel related matters and requirements i.e. type of visas, application and requirements.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Develop creative ideas to improve process workflow.
- Develop innovative ideas to solve administration and facilities problems.
- Knowledge of OSHA and awareness at workplace.
- Able to suggest and recommend positive solution when needed to resolve issues on repair and maintenance.
- Skills in interpersonal relations with governmental dealings and staff.
- Knowledge of administration, logistics, travel, governmental protocols, organizing of events and hospitality services.
- Knowledge of facility and building management to oversee contractors. Has knowledge of real estate and building related matters.
- Supervisory roles to security, gardeners, cleaners and contractors.
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position and WorldFish offers a competitive remuneration package including comprehensive benefits (but not limited to) insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, 15% employer provident fund contribution, paid leave and others. The duration of the contract will initially be for a three-year period with possibility for extension, depending on funding and performance.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online latest by 30 January 2023:
- A cover letter which addresses key requirements stated above;
- A current curriculum vitae; and
- Contact information of three professional referees who may be contacted if you are short-listed for the position.
Location: The post holder will be based in Penang, Malaysia.
The screening will start immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Our Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
WorldFish has 7 offices across Asia, Africa and the Pacific, with more than 400 staff and 27 nationalities who contribute to a dynamic multicultural work environment.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity and inclusion is valued and we seek to have gender balance in the organization. We aim to also seek balance across other diversity dimensions.
People in WorldFish are treated equally irrespective of gender, ethnicity/race, national or social origin, disability, religion, political affiliation, age, family size, marital status or any other form of personal identity.
We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage qualified women and men from developing nations to apply.