Business and Data Analyst
2 days ago
OVOL Malaysia is the leading independent paper, packaging, digital, and wide format solutions provider in Malaysia with branches across Peninsula Malaysia and East Malaysia, supporting businesses nationwide with a comprehensive selection of products...
OVOL Malaysia is the leading independent paper, packaging, digital, and wide format solutions provider in Malaysia with branches across Peninsula Malaysia and East Malaysia, supporting businesses nationwide with a comprehensive selection of products and services. Our Mission is to carve a better future for society and the environment.
We are looking to hire a full time Business and Data Analyst to be based at our Head Office in Subang Jaya, Selangor.
- To identify, analyse, and interpret patterns and trends in data sets to assess meaning of data and support decision making in business.
- To provide meaningful insights from existing reports, uncover and share clear conclusions and recommendations for action.
- To ensure the quality and accuracy of the data, then process and present it in ways to enable stakeholders to take informed decisions.
- To create reports, dashboards and visualisation for the management stating trends, patterns and predictions using relevant data.
- To provide competitive analysis and identify trends within the industries.
- To raise and challenge ideas and collaborate with the team to drive for better outcomes.
- To ensure timely delivery of analysis and proactively manage issues if any.
- To assist with project management for selected projects and to identify automation opportunities.
- At least 1 year of working experience in analytics role or related field.
- Strong mathematical skills to collect, measure, organise and analyse data.
- Have a systematic and logical approach to problem solving skills and possess critical thinking skills.
- Good knowledge in statistical packages like Excel to be used for data set analysing.
- Self-starter with a high level of initiative, strong sense of urgency.
- Meticulous, attention to detail, responsible and diligent.
- Possess excellent time management, positive working attitude and good communication skills to liaise with all stakeholders.
- Able to work well in a team and be able to deliver quality work within stipulated timeline.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Our extensive history begins in 1954. Throughout the years, we have focused on building a strong future for the print industry by pursuing strategic acquisitions and joining forces with renowned print advocacy organizations.
Today, OVOL Malaysia is the leading independent paper, packaging, digital, and wide format solutions provider in Malaysia, supporting businesses nationwide with a comprehensive selection of products and services. We continuously invest in our people, local inventories with diversified products, and the latest technologies that provide innovative solutions. We are locally available in every facet with 6 branches across Peninsula Malaysia and East Malaysia, making us easily accessible and allowing us to maintain our commitment to provide exceptional service and selection to our customers.
OVOL Malaysia is a subsidiary of Japan Pulp & Paper (M) Sdn Bhd who is a member under our corporate parent Japan Pulp & Paper Co., Ltd (JPP). JPP founded in 1845, a listed company in Tokyo Stock Exchange, a global sales, marketing and distribution leader in the pulp, paper and forest products industry, with revenue exceeding $6 billion.