Senior Executive, Divisional Program Management Office
2 months ago
This role involves working as part of a Digital Industry Development Division PMO and its purpose is to administer and monitor project and (its sub projects) through ensuring that all projects adhere to the timelines and the departments...
This role involves working as part of a Digital Industry Development Division PMO and its purpose is to administer and monitor project and (its sub projects) through ensuring that all projects adhere to the timelines and the departments are connected to meet the ultimate goal.
The main responsibilities includes programme vision and catalytic projects development; stakeholder management; and project monitoring including milestone management; budget and risk and issue management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the successful implementation of the PMO’s strategy, responsibilities, services and deliverables.
- Monitor Programme reporting and assist team in reporting to Senior Management and stakeholders.
- Establish frameworks and standards for Programme and and compile programme related reports such as financial and KPI information as well as oversee project costs and ensure budget are well managed.
- Plan and track financial and progress reporting whilst ensuring that the programme and projects adhere to the agreed budget.
- Ensure cross-programme dependencies are managed and the dependency log is accurately maintained.
- Coordinate project closure to distil good practice and ensure lessons learned are logged.
- Build cohesion within the team and motivate team to produce quality work.
- Define and embed project control and governance.
- Monitoring project planning and milestone management.
- Facilitate and consolidate regular status reporting for divisional level.
- Master Degree or equivalent certification in Project Management, IT, Business Management, Finance and/or MBA;
- At least 5-12 years of business management or consulting experience in a reputed company with a proven record of substantial achievements in the specific role
- High proficiency in project management, budget management, data analysis and stakeholder's management
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint
- Fluency in Bahasa Malaysia and English, both written and oral skills
- Ability to work in a truly diverse division and collaborate across levels;
- Being a fast-learner, ability to adapt and work on wide variety of project managements
- Able to drive change management within the division, across MDEC (where necessary) and with external stakeholders (when required)
- Being proactive, eagerness to learn and grow, and with strong communication and interpersonal skills both internally and in stakeholder facing situations.
Perks & Benefits
- Employee equity
- Commission and bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Regular team activities
- Medical insurance
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities
Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) is the government agency under the Ministry of Communications and Multimedia Malaysia entrusted to lead the nation's digital economy forward.
MDEC’s mandate includes driving digital adoption, development of industry ready tech talents, digital economy policies and global champions.
To future proof Malaysia for the digital age, MDEC will leverage its proven track record, industry credibility and experienced leadership to connect, catalyse and commercialise digital initiatives to advance a thriving and sustainable digital economy placing diversity and inclusivity at its core.