LOOKING FOR A CAREER THAT MAKES THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE?
World Vision is a community of passionate people who determined to help the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and injustice to experience fullness of like. We work in nearly 100 countries, making us one of the largest international humanitarian organisations in the world.
What We Do
Grounded in more than 70 years of experience and expertise, World Vision works alongside communities, supporters, partners and governments to change the way the world works for children, focusing on three specific areas: emergency relief, transformational development and promotion of justice.
Why We Do It
We are inspired and motivated by our faith. We believe in upholding, restoring and honouring the dignity and value of every human being, and we work alongside the most vulnerable as a demonstration of God’s love.
World Vision serves all people—without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, gender, language, religion, political opinion, national or social origin, or other status.
Why Work at World Vision
- Purpose-driven, passion-fueled work
Even on the toughest days at work, you’ll end the day knowing that what you did today made a difference in someone’s life.
Whatever your skills and expertise, it will be used to make an impact. You’ll also be kept sharp with lots of learning opportunities and exciting work!
- Forge long-lasting relationships
The people make the place, and the people here are like family. Not just our staff team, but our supporters and those we serve too.
Purpose of the Job
The IT Support & Administration role is responsible for maintaining the computer networks of an organisation, providing technical support, and ensuring that the whole organisation runs smoothly. The position holder will monitor and maintain computer systems, perform installs, configure hardware and software, and solve technical issues as they arise
- Manage, prioritise, and resolve service requests that relate to IT hardware, software, and associated services
- Monitor and prioritise workloads and response times for incidents, requests and problems to meet service level requirements
- Provide technical assistance, advice, and training to staff, projects, and visitors seeking assistance with IT and Audio Visual (AV) technology matters
- Monitor, configure and maintain servers, systems, VOIP, and network infrastructure, including Active Directory, email, routing/switching, firewall, load balancer, VPN and operating system
- Ensure the compliance of security, network access, permission and backup systems
- Ensure that all internal systems comply with Global IT support hub standards and policies
- Manage and monitor IT inventory such as software licenses, computers, laptops, printers and other equipment/devices
- Perform regular OS (Microsoft and Linux) security patches, anti-virus upgrades for all computers, laptops and servers
- Engage in self-development and learning to stay current and knowledgeable on the WVM environment through proactive research, including assessment and analysis of user requirements, responses and feedback and industry trends
- Candidate must possess Information Technology/Computer Science or specific degree qualification and/or completion of an associate diploma with relevant IT experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant IT experience and/or IT education/training
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience in systems administration, helpdesk support or network/technical support
- Knowledge and experience in current Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft 365 Services (including Teams), PC and Apple technologies, AV Services, Video Conferencing Technologies, print and imaging, and Mobile Technologies is an added advantage.