AstraZeneca is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, with a broad range of medicines designed to fight disease in important areas of healthcare: cardiovascular, diabetes, respiratory and cancer.
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to achieve our shared goals no matter where you start with us.
Field-based position responsible for implementation of activities for establishment of scientific leadership of AstraZeneca in relevant TA. This includes development and enhancement of professional relationships with healthcare professionals building deep scientific understanding of AstraZeneca projects. Driving positive opinions for the scientific and clinical value of compounds for patients’ needs. Deliver medical education and clinical support to medical professionals, patient groups , patients and allied healthcare professionals ; training sales teams and implementation of pre-launch and post launch medical programs such as patient support programs. The position may also involve responding to medical queries.
External Medical & Scientific engagement
Build, enhance and maintain the engagement with scientific leaders, nurses, educators
- 60% of time in field engaging physicians, nurses, pharmacists, nurse educators and patients across territory and brands relevant to scope of TA
- Identifying pharmacists, nurses and educators who are key stakeholders in the patient management flow and collaborating on AstraZeneca driven awareness and patient programs
- Development and implementation of key stakeholder plan in collaboration with MSL manager/line manager and TA lead. Review with the MSL manager/line manager and MAM this plan every quarter, develop stakeholder engagement plan - this includes pre call visit/engagement plan with clear objective of the visit, key points discussion for the visit, data to be shared and discussed with the external stakeholder .
- Develop own scientific knowledge for discussion on all aspects of the program or compound to be shared with OL in a scientific, objective and balanced way through 1:1 or group discussions. Prepare for such interactions with peer group discussions. Respond to unsolicited requests for information about unapproved AZ products or unapproved uses of approved products pertaining to respiratory products, presenting such information in an objective, scientifically balanced, substantiated manner.
Build and maintain trust-based relationships with external stakeholders
- Build AZ relationship with key external stakeholders (e.g. patient advocacy groups, nurse educator societies, hospital pharmacy). Find opportunities to collaborate with such external stakeholders.
- Act as subject matter expert in the TA
Develop or initiate scientific programs to explore unmet medical needs in priority disease area(s)
- Work with HCPs in scientific activities that help advance disease understanding such as:
- Identify potential pharmacist, nurse trainers and education trainers and train speakers as appropriate.
- Implement patient support programs by providing necessary information and expertise to external stakeholders and partner with individuals or groups in effective implementation
Medical & Scientific Support for internal stakeholders
Act as scientific expert in priority disease area(s) for internal stakeholders
- Continuously acquire and update necessary scientific knowledge on therapeutic area and compounds
- Provide the AZ internal stakeholders with an understanding of the local medical community, clinical practice, trends and real or perceived gaps in current scientific knowledge and medical treatment, competitor information
- Provide regular update on partnerships with key stakeholders in the context of medical projects
- Initiate and conduct appropriate AZ staff training & development on information on specific drugs and devices
- To work with internal cross functional team on implementation of patient support programs
- Project management of patient support program
Continuously demonstrate development of scientific expertise in disease area(s) of company focus
- Attend relevant local scientific congresses and HCP meetings to gather new knowledge on AZ compounds, competitor information and therapeutic area
- Positive engagement and response to coaching and feedback received from MSL manager and TA lead.
- In daily work takes time to reflect on customer interactions and works on areas agreed with MSL manager as priorities for development. Develop functional capability in the role
- Proactively demonstrate the AZ Values
- Identify areas for self-development and discuss developmental needs with line manager using the 70-20-10 principle (experiential learning, coaching/networking/relationship-based learning and class room training)Active participation in AZ training, projects, and meetings depending on development needs
- Keep regular update and operate within the relevant Codes of Conduct, Ethical Interactions (EI), including GPEI and SOPs
- Be sure to understand AZ policies when engage to KOLs and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or Nursing from a recognized institution and having relevant professional body registration
- Minimum 2 years of hospital practice and with clinical experience
- Thorough knowledge or experience of the pharmacy and nursing ecosystem
- Ability to interact and manage a range of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to pharmaceutical sales and marketing
- Advanced scientific degree and experience as Nurse and Pharmacist in clinical practice or in industry
- Understanding of interplay by multiple stakeholders within respiratory educators’ landscape and ecosystem
- Project and team management experience
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the r
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.