Cluster Head, Legal (Petaling Jaya, Selangor)
3 days ago
Role will oversee all legal matters for the South East Asia Cluster and provide legal support to leadership team and business colleagues from both Care Enablement (CE) and Care Delivery (CD) as well as General Administration functions....
Role will oversee all legal matters for the South East Asia Cluster and provide legal support to leadership team and business colleagues from both Care Enablement (CE) and Care Delivery (CD) as well as General Administration functions. The Legal Cluster Head will act as the country legal counsel for Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Provide strategic thinking and be a credible and effective legal partner for the South East Asia business and its business leaders to deliver Fresenius' objective
- Execute strategic agenda and business plans of the region across all its market, taking into account the broader geopolitical, commercial, legal, industry and regulatory nuances and framework.
- Manage and work in close partnership with a variety of stakeholders and counterparts including regulators and external counsels.
- Draft, review and negotiate key legal contracts to achieve business objectives, minimize risk and ensure compliance with Company's policies, laws and regulations.
- Monitor and support in corporate governance
- Provide legal support for M&A initiatives, if any
- Provide proactive and strategic and tactical legal advice and support in problem resolution, work as part of cross functional teams on projects and initiatives.
- Perform any other instruction given by manager to advance the interest of the business and collaborate with the rest of the Asia Pacific and Global legal teams on Fresenius' initiatives.
- At least 10 years post-qualification experience in Malaysia, preferably as leading law firm or in-house legal counsel in an MNC environment
- Experience working on matters at a regional level is a plus
- Strategic thinker, a proven credible and effective leader with ability to execute strategic agenda and business plans of the cluster countries across all its markets, taking into account the broader geopolitical, commercial, legal, industry and regulatory nuances and framework.
- Ability to identify opportunities to bring consistency and uniformity to legal work and implementation of initiatives to enhance business operations
- Strong communication skills, both written and presentation; ability to influence leaders and business colleagues up to an including senior executives; ability to communicate complex legal topics to leadership team and all business colleagues
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work independently as well as being part of the cross function and cross jurisdictional team; sense of humor
- Business-minded; strong growth mindset and agile, affinity to numbers and financial KPIs
- Ability to be highly organized and effective; handle multiple competing priorities
- Ability to see the big picture yet attention to detail
- Fluency (spoken and written in English). Healthcare or a related industry experience a plus
- Possess strong leadership and negotiation skills with a distinct attention to detail and ability to handle a diverse range of legal issues;
- Be confident, articulate, and commercially pragmatic seasoned lawyer;
- Be a genuine team player who is quick to establish trust and credibility with senior stakeholders.
- Be adept at operating in a fast-moving and deal-driven environment.
Perks & Benefits
- Commission and bonus
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Medical insurance
Fresenius Medical Care is the world's largest integrated provider of products and services for individuals undergoing dialysis. As a vertically integrated company, we provide a complete solution for people with chronic kidney failure – from research and development to manufacturing our dialysis products to providing complete therapy options within our own clinics. Fresenius Medical Care provides integrated services in over 120 countries, which includes 3,421 dialysis clinics and 40 production sites worldwide. In Malaysia, Fresenius Medical Care distributes a full range of haemodialysis machines, peritoneal dialysis systems, water treatment systems, dialysis consumables, medical treatment chairs and other related products. Fresenius Medical Care is the only and unique company offering comprehensive solutions to renal patients. Everywhere, every day. Our core values of quality, commitment and a customer centric belief, guide us towards that vision.