Civil & Structural Resident Engineer (Bayan Lepas, Penang)
Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang
4 weeks ago
Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Engineering (Civil).
Candidate must be registered with Board of Engineer Malaysia as Professional Engineer (Ir.).
Candidates shall be will...
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Engineering (Civil).
- Candidate must be registered with Board of Engineer Malaysia as Professional Engineer (Ir.).
- Candidates shall be willing to work in Penang Island
- Minimum 8 years working experience in site supervision of construction.
- Able to work independently.
- Required language(s): Bahasa Malaysia, English.
- Required Skill(s): AutoCad, Microsoft
- Acting as the consultant's representative for the project.
- Responsible for the following up on instruction & commitments associated with the project.
- To make sure project adhere/comply to all government and industry standards and guidelines
- Supervise and monitor the works being carried out by Contractors.
- Study and check all drawing for discrepancies.
- Keep detailed record on site, and report to the Engineer on the progress report weekly.
- Assist the Engineer to verify the design of temporary works by the contractor against actual conditions on site and recommend modification to suit if necessary.
- Ensure the working procedure to comply with the relevant statutory requirement, agreed method and recommend modification to the procedure, if necessary, to solve the on-site problems.
- Give instruction to the contractor for any testing or investigation work.
- Ensure that the items in the defect lists are rectified when requires and carry out such further inspections as necessary to ensure that the work is completed accordingly.
- Attend site meetings, progress meetings, design/technical meetings and meetings with statutory bodies as required and representing the company in all relevant meetings.
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders including contractor and local authorities to facilitate the construction activities.
- Other duties as and when assigned.
Perks & Benefits
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Sick Leave
- Annual leave
VED Engineers Sdn. Bhd. (hereon refers to VED) was incorporated in year 2010 to provide professional consultancy services in civil and structural engineering. VED is established by a group of practicing engineers with a high commitment to provide excellent civil and structural consultancy services to our clients.
The foundation of VED is to provide alternative engineering solutions and good responsive services to meet clients' needs. Together with our competent and skilled professional engineers and semi-professional members, VED strives to provide higher level of safe and professional consultancy services.
VED is determined to provide alternative engineering solutions with problem-solving skills and approaches strategized to work closely with clients, architects and other consultants to meet clients' needs: - "Successful and timely completion of projects with efficiency in design, quality and optimum cost solutions".
VED's professional consultancy services cover most of civil and structural engineering consultancy services' scopes of works. The specific areas of professional experience include the followings:
- Commercial buildings development (shop houses, shop offices and corporate office towers);
- Shopping mall, hotel and retail suites development;
- Institutional buildings and medical centres;
- High-rise serviced apartment, SOHO and condominium development;
- Housing development (terrace, semi-D and bungalow)
- Structural steelworks for factories & warehouses;
- Local infrastructures such as earthwork, road and drainage, water and sewer reticulation design;
- Local and structure plan study;
- Elevated water tank, reservoir and sewerage treatment plant;
- Roads and bridges;
Our specialities in civil & structural engineering designs are: -
- Deep basement excavation with top-down construction methodology;
- Soil retention system (contiguous bored pile, diaphragm wall, pre-cast retaining wall, cofferdam and sheet piling)
- Shallow foundation system (pad, raft, strap, strip footing and piled strip)
- Deep foundation system (bored pile, caisson, jack-in pile, micro-pile, pre-cast R.C pile and pre-stressed spun pile)
- Shear wall system with aluminium system formwork, wall form and tunnel form;
- Deep beam, transfer beam and post-tensioned system;
- Piled raft and capping beam for basement;
- Flat slab and thick plate system;
- Pre-cast and composite system;
- Earthworks and slope stabilization;
- Storm water management;
- Water resources and sewer treatment;
- Roads and bridges.
- Capabilities in handling IBS, seismic or BIM;